This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stereotyping and other idiocy

It's been a while since I've posted anything, and I thought I'd share some of the stories from the past few months.

Stereotyping

Now our store usually only carries our size 6-10 in our shoes. Recently we've had quite a few ladies come in looking for size 5, which we don't have. Normally, they complain about having such small feet, and then leave disappointed. This year however 90% of them say:

"Well you should carry that size, what with all the asians in this city. You'll lose a lot of business."

Now I will admit there are quite a few asian people in the area, but there average shoe size is 7.

Boot Exchange

Last week I had a woman come into our store wanting to exchange some boots because the left one was leaking. (I should note she is weaing the old boots) No problem, I have a new pair in her size, just need the reciept and the old boots. She tries on the new boots, boxes them up, puts her old boots on and comes to the counter.
    Now I'm confused at this point because I thought she was exchanging them. So I ask her if she still wanted to do an exchange.

Lady: oh course, heres the reciept
    Me: Ma'am I need the old boots for the exchange.
    L: Oh ya, I completly forgot. It would be silly for me to wear the leaky ones wouldn't it.

Make up your mind, please (quick version)

Parents come in to buy to boots for daughter. 2 days later come in to exchange for a different size. Another three days later, parents and daughter come in, exchange for original size. Finally, next day they return the boots.

Where are your boots

I should explain my store layout, basically the entire front of my store is all boots, they cover both sides of the wall, and our front table. They are really not hard to miss. Yet for some reason, I've seem to have a lot of people walk in past the boots, look all the store with a confused look on there face and ask
    "where are you boots?"

Thats it for now I'm sure I'll think of some more later.

Quoth CrazyShoeGirl View Post
    Parents come in to buy to boots for daughter. 2 days later come in to exchange for a different size. Another three days later, parents and daughter come in, exchange for original size. Finally, next day they return the boots.
    To this SC I bequeath a boot to the head
    Last edited by Mr Hero; 12-19-2008, 05:59 AM.
    To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Comment

And this one.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vFldB...eature=related

Comment

Working...
      X