This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ya know, even when I was an elf myself, back in the Old days (the 70's),
    I noticed the cutegirls in the miniskirts, you know, the American "Snegurachkas" (look it up--interesting!). Even then I thought "Either this is job discrimination, or Santa's a little bit old for them."

It's always Santa with a harem. Santa and the concubines. Boy, Christmas sure is pagan.

Comment

Quoth RetailWorkhorse View Post
      (This Poster stopped growing at 11 years old at 4 foot and 11 inches tall).
      Cool, you're pocket sized.
      If I dropped everybody who occasionally said something stupid from my list of potential partners, I wouldn’t even be able to masturbate

Comment

I'm contentedly about 6'1 with size 12 feet.

Tall enough to reach things with my gangly arms, yet not so tall that I bash my head into everything. Somethings. But not everything. -.-

Though yes, the world is built for 5'6-5'8. Though it usually doesn't bug me unless I'm on public transit wondering why the hell the seat is so uncomfortable.

Comment

Quoth Gabrielle Proctor View Post
          Tall people(MEN! I'm not a lesbian) are hot.
          *debates with her inner demons a moment* ... nah... I'm feeling too femme today to go for it...
          "I call murder on that!"

Comment

One of my brothers has size 16 feet and my youngest brother is unfortunate enough to have size a 12 1/2 left foot and 13 1/2 right foot

Comment

Despite my average height, I do have big feet. More precisely, I have wide feet.

I wore H-fitting Clarks shoes right up until they stopped making them in the late 80s, and then I wore G-fitting with an extra half-size or two to make up. Apparently Clarks have started making H-fitting shoes again since.

Luckily, Finns also seem to have wide feet in general, so finding shoes that fit isn't all that difficult around here. I presently wear size 44 hiking boots all year round.

Comment

Quoth Chromatix View Post
                Despite my average height, I do have big feet. More precisely, I have wide feet.
                I've been cursed with wide feet also - size 11 1/2 5E (don't know what the Finnish equivalent would be).

No problem getting shoes here, as long as I get New Balance, and I have to get size 12 4E. Dress shoes and boots are another problem, though...

Comment

11½ would be about 44-45 European size. I've got a foot of 35-37 (depending on the make) and I have recently bought a pair of shoes from the kid's department.

Edited to correct.
                  A man can be stupid and not know it, but not if he is married.

Comment

I'm 5'2" and the SO is 5'5". We're hobbit sized in a giant house, we get creative about reaching stuff on the top shelf. I'm rather happy with my height though. I'm sorry to the tall guys, but I swore off dating super tall guys entirely because I've been in abusive relationships in the past with tall people. (I don't think all tall people are abusive, I just figure if I date someone closer to my size who turns out to be abusive, I'll have a better chance at self-defense)
                    "I'm working for popcorn - what I get paid doesn't rise to the level of peanuts." -Courtesy of Darkwish

...Beware the voice without a face...

Comment

Quoth Juwl View Post
                      Got into the store Sunday evening, and hung out in the backroom, to be out of the way, and not wanting to tread the treacherous mall hallways... About ten minutes before my shift, one of the MoDs comes into the back, laughing her head off.
                      This would be me if I was your MoD:

MoD: "Some lady just pulled down half our toy wall."
                      Me: "What?"
                      MoD: "She was climbing up the wall to get at the toys on the higher shelves, and pulled down half the wall."
                      Me: "So, now we need to restock that wall?"
                      MoD: "No; the lady is tied up in the backroom at the moment. She'll restock it herself, while still tied up, then she will go to jail for property damage."

"In cases of customer bathroom emergencies, the toilet itself becomes less of a goal and more of a loose suggestion." - Shamus

Comment

Off Topic Suggestion For Icelator

Quoth Icelator View Post
                        I'm 6'1" with size 14 shoes, I can't find a pair of winter boots to save my life, I have to spend all winter in sneakers. and I LIVE IN CANADA.
                        Heh... I'm 6'2" and 'officially' a size 14 Wide in shoes. I need a size 15 Nike to be comfortable but can readily wear size 13 Blundstone boots.

Check out http://www.blundstone.ca/

I know they have storefronts in Toronto and Vancouver but I recently found a new pair that fit at a small shoe store in Northern Alberta so you might get lucky and find them near you.
                        Sig Generator currently off-line for repairs. Please think of something incredibly witty & funny and then pretend you read it here. Thank you.

Comment

I went hunting for socks for The Boy's dad today. I had NO IDEA how hard it is to find socks for size 14 feet! I finally found a few pairs, and some "one size" ones that look pretty stretchy. Now I know why he asked for socks for Christmas!

So my sympathies to the big-footed folk.

My current employer is very tall - about 6'5" I think - and almost every other person at the store is under 5'5". At 5'8" I'm the one everyone asks to get stuff down from where Tall Boss stashed it (nobody else can even SEE the stuff sometimes).

Comment

Fortunately my feet aren't so big or misshapen as to make finding socks difficult. I do like soft, thick socks though, which can be hard to find in summer. I should make sure to stock up on them next month, when the prices are good.

Comment

Working...
                            X