This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gift Cards Are Not Returnable

Yesterday, a customer wanted to return some gift cards because of the fee charged. By the way, it was credit gift cards she wanted to return. I told her that gifts cards couldn't be returned and that there was a sign on the gift card display that said the same thing. She wasn't happy about it so I offered to get a manager.

I called over my service desk coworker and found out from her that I was in charge since the managers left for the day and there were no PICs. I informed her of the situation. The service desk coworker told the customer the same thing I did about the gift cards. The customer wasn't happy about it but she finally accepted it.
    My Fanfic Page
    My Fiction Page
    My Social Group
    My Pet Social Group
    My You Tube Channel

Nice to know you're in charge huh XD

Kinda odd they didn't say anything as they were leaving.
    I am a Blank Space for spacing purposes, ignore me.
    In order to treat someone as your equal, you first need to believe both: that they are your equal, and that you are their's.

Comment

I had about a 10 minute conversation with an Indian mother and daughter today.

They bought TGIFriday's gift cards, and those are nonrefundable (like all other gift cards, including phone cards).

Everytime I said I couldn't do it, they had another excuse.

"But we do not need them."
      I'm sorry, the system doesn't allow us to refund them.
      "But we never even used them!"
      Sorry, but I can't.
      "We get a better deal if we buy them from TGIFridays"
      That's nice, but I still can't do it.

So they wait 5 minutes for a manager to tell them the same thing, because people NEVER believe me.

I want to pull my hair out.

Comment

If she didn't like the charge, she shouldn't have bought them in the first place.
        The High Priest is an Illusion!

Comment

Once when I denied return of gift cards to someone, the guy called up corporate and bitched enough that they gave in and did the return for him.

Stupid corporate.
          "If we refund your money, give you a free replacement and shoot the manager, then will you be happy?" - sign seen in a restaurant

Comment

Quoth purplecat41877 View Post
            ...and that there was a sign on the gift card display that said the same thing...
            What is sad is that sign would remain unread by SCs unless it had "SALE" written anywhere on it...the smaller the writing and the more hidden the words are the better as these SCs have x-ray vision!

"In cases of customer bathroom emergencies, the toilet itself becomes less of a goal and more of a loose suggestion." - Shamus

Comment

Working...
            X