This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's MAGIC.

Wahahahahaha. So as we all must know by now, I'm a little wacky. And sometimes my wackiness gets a little out of hand and ends up morphing into being just epic in my mocking customers.

Today. Was one of those days.

My manager is about to leave and she tells me that today is a day of just "things" that happen and you gotta just deal with them. As she's telling me this an old man comes up and is REALLY snotty when he says:

SC: Your ATM is broken, it just keeps saying that it can't read the card and keeps switching back and forth between screens.

My manager gives me this look that's like, "See?" So I tell her I'll look into it as soon as I can, she mutters something about how maybe it just can't read his card and we both kinda just ignore him. He goes about pestering EVERYONE about the ATM. I go back there and lo and behold the ATM reads my card fine and I get out ten dollars (aw yeah, an ATM that can give out tens). After I get the 10 out I look at my coworker, smile, and then run around the store waving the ten dollar bill singing very loudly, "OH OH OH IT'S MAGIC, YOU KNOOOOOOOWWWWW!!!!"

Turns out that guy left before my performance but everyone else was quite impressed.

A school bus pulls in and all the eight year olds and their field trip chaperons pour out of it and to my surprise they were better behaved than the buses of adult tourists. However their bus DRIVER asked me while we were dealing with all of them buying everything in the store if there was someone who could clean the men's room because "some little kid puked on the floor in there." I laughed right at him and said, "THAT WOULD BE ME." And then I ignored him. After the line was down I went into the men's room and what was there on the floor?

Nothing. I'm guessing either it never happened or one of the parents cleaned it up because that guy sure didn't.

All in all the kids were very polite, not too loud, and the store WASN'T A MESS when they left. It's a damn miracle. That's what it is. I wish adults were that good.

SC gets a coffee.

Me: That'll be x.xx and do you have a [company] rewards card?
    SC: *doesn't answer but gives me rewards card* ....... *really snotty* HOW MUCH IS IT?!
    Me: Um, I said it was x.xx.
    SC: *hands me money and sheepishly leaves.*

It was one of those moments where you can tell you've embarrassed them enough that they'll probably never look you in the eyes ever again.

I heart you.
    "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Quoth Gaki View Post
      All in all the kids were very polite, not too loud, and the store WASN'T A MESS when they left. It's a damn miracle. That's what it is. I wish adults were that good.
      This is where you probably should have been singing "It's Magic".

SC
      "...four of his five wits went halting off, and now is the whole man governed with one..." W. Shakespeare, Much Ado About Nothing Act I, Sc I

Do you like Shakespeare? Join us The Globe Theater!

Comment

Crazy as it is, sometimes kids are raised right. When you get them in groups, or heck, even just single ones, it's fantastic.
        Tell a man there are 300 Billion stars in the universe and he’ll believe you.
        Tell him a bench has wet paint on it and he’ll have to touch to be sure.
        -Unknown Author

Comment

Quoth Gaki View Post
          After I get the 10 out I look at my coworker, smile, and then run around the store waving the ten dollar bill singing very loudly, "OH OH OH IT'S MAGIC, YOU KNOOOOOOOWWWWW!!!!"
          (Though I must admit I was a little confused as to the song you were singing. I thought it was "Magic" by the Cars, rather than "Magic" by Pilot!)
          Quoth Opalin View Post
          Crazy as it is, sometimes kids are raised right. When you get them in groups, or heck, even just single ones, it's fantastic.
          Indeed. Bless them, may their tribes increase. We need more decent people like them in the world.
          I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
          My LiveJournal
          A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Actually I "heard" the thread title in Freddie Mercury's voice....
            When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

doug henning....
              Lister: This is Crazy. Why are we talking about going to bed with Wilma Flintstone?
              Cat: You're right. We're Nuts! This is an insane conversation....
              Lister: She'll never leave Fred and we know it.

Comment

To the first one--you are AWESOME. I would love to have been there. It's a shame he left before your performance shamed him though!

And yes, well behaved children are awesome. Hopefully they raise their children the same way.

Comment

Wacky Gaki
                  "Employees can make or break any business, so treat them with respect. Job satisfaction has little to do with money. Discover what it has to do with and make sure they get it."

Comment

Working...
                  X