Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Do You Mean You Can't Read My Mind?!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What Do You Mean You Can't Read My Mind?!

This guy isn't an angry one, just a dumb one.

In my office we handle a lot of changes to our clients benefit plans and a new change that we love is that we can request electronic copies of employee booklets and contract instead of paper copies that have to be carefully put together in a package and sent out. Since our clients first point contact should be the broker that helped them sign up with us, they know about this change.

So we got a request to change a plan and we want electronic copies. Done. Send out electronic contract and booklets to advisor to be sent to the client. Done.

Next Day:

A - Advisor
    Me - Me! lol

Me: Jenn speaking

A: Yea hi. You sent me an email yesterday for this client and I wanted to know... do I have to print off this 100 page contract?

Me: No you may forward that to the client for their records

A: But do they have to print it off?

Me: If they wish to, yes or you could do that for them.

A: Yea it's a 100 page contract. That's big. So the acknowledgment of changes page, you're sending that and the client can just sign it?

Me: Well as it says in my email, the contract and booklet are attached and sent under seperate cover are the benefit statements. The page you're talking about is included in the contract as stated in my email.

A: So the contract isn't being mailed?

Me: No. Would you like me to have the contract printed?

A: Well it's just such a small office and if they printed that it would take an hour on their printer so.....

Me: Would you like me to have the contract printed?

A: Umm yea

Me: Ok I'll put in the request.

Another one from today regarding a missed payment

AH - Advisor Helper

Me: Jenn speaking

AH - Oh hello. You had sent me an email in regards to this client's missed payment

Me - Ok

AH - Well I've spoken with them and they're a little concerned as they sent this out last week so you should have it by now

Me - No I don't see it being received as of yet

AH - Oh well this is for February's bill right

Me - No I only see them missing March's payment. They're all paid up until February

AH - Well that's weird she told me she paid February's and then sent in a cheque for March and April's bills.

Me - Well we did receive a payment which was processed on Feb. 20

AH - *cuts me off* And that paid for February or January? Because she said that would have paid January's

Me - That paid February's bill. Only March's bill is outstanding

AH - Do you have anything that you could show me because I don't have access to anything?

Me - *no of course you have access. 1. You're not the advisor 2. Not even the advisor has access to bills* I could send you the billings.

AH - Oh that would be lovely.

Me - *send the bills* then I get this email:

AH - The client is concerned the cheque has not been received and even more concerned that benefits haven’t been paid (one of which is hers). Would it be OK if I send you a daily email to check on it until it has been received?

Me - *well of course benefits aren't going to be paid. they're in arrears. if they had paid their bill on time, they wouldn't be in this mess. and really you want to send me an email every day until the post office finally decides to deliver the cheque? I let her know the client can put a stop payment on the cheque and reissue another one as so many people do. We'll see how this works out. Wish me luck!

Am I wrong to wonder why the SC from the first story couldn't, I don't know, maybe just print out the ONE PAGE (acknowledgment of changes page) they needed signed from the contract? Seems a waste to print out 100 pages just so they have that one to sign.
    "She didn't observe the cardinal rule: Don't F**K with people who handle your food"
    -Ryan Reynolds in 'Waiting'

Comment

You'd be surprised how many people use the PO as the scape goat. We had one woman a couple months ago who got postal inspectors in on a lost check that had a delivery confirmation number on it. We had no record of that DC number, she had no reciept for it cause she doesn't keep those. So while she's bitching out the clerk who honestly was standing and ignoring, the boss who was doing his uh huh's....she dumped her purse.

On the very top of her stuff that would have been the bottom was a envelope with that DC number on it. Oh yes...all our fault.

Comment

Quoth Aethian View Post
        You'd be surprised how many people use the PO as the scape goat.
        "The cheque is in the post." One of the Great Lies. The others belong to Fratching, google if you don't already know

I prefer the reverse PO blame-pin, as used by me when in Insurance-Fraud-Investigating land. This is when you post a thing out, using Royal Mail Recorded Signed For (tm), a bargain at 75p plus some "faffing about with the stickers and posting book" time. Then you get to have a conversation that ends along the lines of:

"Because that person signed for your post at <time> this morning, including that packet. Would you like to check again, it's the white envelope with the red tracking sticker on it?"

or that goes: "That's because when the postman knocked on your door to deliver it, you opened the door but refused to sign for it, that's what Delivery Refused means, and that's what's written."

The Post Office. It's for good as well as evil. Sometimes both at the same time. And Amazon. It's for getting your stuff from Amazon. I like the Post Office.

Jenn- I shared your pain. The number of people who couldn't figure why their insurance lapsing was related to them never paying the 2nd instalment was astounding. Couldn't figure, or were upset at getting caught, anyway.

Comment

I had a good experience with the post office. I had a package returned to me as 'no such address'. took it to the post office, as my daughter lived at that address about a year by then, and UPS never had trouble finding it which I explained. supervisor looked it up, it was listed, called the post office that does the delivery, it was valid. refunded my money (after I explained i was not going to reship it, as one corner was crushed totally, fortunately only damaging the one cheap item in the package).

And yeah, if the check doesn't arrive on time, pay the fee, cancel it and issue a new one.

Comment

We get blamed for when a customer's check doesn't arrive at our office. I've told people we don't deliver our own mail, but it doesn't seem to make any difference.

Of course, 9 times out of 10 we didn't get it because the customer addressed the envelope incorrectly, but hey....still our fault.
            When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Quoth MoonCat View Post
              Of course, 9 times out of 10 we didn't get it because the customer addressed the envelope incorrectly, but hey....still our fault.
              Yes. How dare you not be at the address they sent it to?
              "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Working...
              X