This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SC in her 40s throws a hissy & threatens to tell on me

She was parked on the other side of the mall & wanted to pay for her stuff & then have us hold it. I told her we don't do that because we can't be responsible for stuff that belongs to her. She instantly has a hissy. "I just want to go over to [dept store]! They can't hold it?? Well, I'll just take the cart in the mall." I tell her the mall doesn't allow that, and they might say something. She says, "Then I'll just tell them 'They wouldn't hold it for me.' " She asked my name, and whatever, I gave it to her, because what was she going to do, tell mall security on me? For upholding our policy and theirs?
    "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Ah, she's one of those special few that the rules were OBVIOUSLY not made for. On the other hand, it might've been good entertainment to go watch her telling on you, just to see how hard mall security laughed at her!
    "And though she be but little, she is FIERCE!"--Shakespeare

Comment

I told my sup with our coworker standing beside him and they were both

Comment

Quoth Food Lady View Post
        what was she going to do, tell mall security on me? For upholding our policy and theirs?
        Exactly.
        IOW: How dare you not break the rules (and possibly the law) for this special snowflake. [END SARCASM]
        I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
        -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

She probably wouldn't have been breaking any law taking the cart into the mall, but retrieving it would be a bitch, since we know she wouldn't return it to the store from the other end of the mall.

I used to work at the busiest store in my company. It was attached to a regional shopping mall. They apparently did not have the same policy as Food Lady's mall because retrieving carts was an ordeal that always took at least an hour. Even with a motorized cart pusher to assist with the task. Fortunately I never had to do it.

Having the store watch your stuff? That's a great way to have an employee decide to "go shopping" out of your bags, and by the time you get home and figure out something is missing, it's too late to do anything about it. Even if you have your receipt, the store probably isn't going to believe the item was stolen by an employee.

Finally, I am going to go out on a limb and suggest the woman had one or two not-terribly heavy bags that she could've carried to the other end of the mall herself if she wasn't so damn lazy.
          Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Having the store watch your stuff? That's a great way to have an employee decide to "go shopping" out of your bags, and by the time you get home and figure out something is missing, it's too late to do anything about it. Even if you have your receipt, the store probably isn't going to believe the item was stolen by an employee.
            Or, on the flip side, it also means the employee can be accused of it too, even if they're innocent.

Scammer: I dropped my ipod in the bag. Where is it? (even though they never had an ipod to begin with of course)

Comment

Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post
              Finally, I am going to go out on a limb and suggest the woman had one or two not-terribly heavy bags that she could've carried to the other end of the mall herself if she wasn't so damn lazy.
              Or, why the hell not go put them in her car and then go to whatever store. But that would take a little thought and non-laziness on her part. Sorry, forgot where I was for a moment.
              It's floating wicker propelled by fire!

Comment

Quoth Pagan View Post
                Or, why the hell not go put them in her car and then go to whatever store.
                Even better, with that you can cheese off any parking-space stalkers that may have their eyes on your spot.

"Oh, I'm sorry, you thought I was leaving? Bwahahahaha."

Comment

Personally, I would've gone to the department store first. >_>;

If (big IF) I got to a shopping mall I always go to the furthest store first then work my way back.
                  My Writing Blog -Updated 05/06/2013
                  It's so I can get ideas out of my head, I decided to put it in a blog in case people are bored or are curious as to the (many) things in progress.

Comment

Quoth AmbrosiaWriter View Post
                    ... I always go to the furthest store first then work my way back.
                    But you don't have sheep for brains... Sheep raisins, that is.
                    I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                    Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                    Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post
                      Even better, with that you can cheese off any parking-space stalkers that may have their eyes on your spot.
                      I've done that a few times when Christmas shopping. My arms were getting full, but I wasn't done shopping. So I took everything I had to the car. Someone would always be waiting there in their car, watching as I loaded up the trunk. And then, to their disappointment, I closed the trunk and walked back to the mall.
                      Sometimes life is altered.
                      Break from the ropes your hands are tied.
                      Uneasy with confrontation.
                      Won't turn out right. Can't turn out right

Comment

Quoth MadMike View Post
                        I've done that a few times when Christmas shopping. My arms were getting full, but I wasn't done shopping. So I took everything I had to the car. Someone would always be waiting there in their car, watching as I loaded up the trunk. And then, to their disappointment, I closed the trunk and walked back to the mall.
                        That bugs me when it happens when I'm in the car - if I have to put something in the car and continue shopping, I always tell anyone waiting for the space 'sorry, I'm not leaving' as soon as I get to the car

Comment

I went to the mall in question today, and you'll never guess what I saw!

Some guy pushing his kid through the mall in one of the OP's store's shopping carts. Guess she wasn't around to set him straight.

Guy nearly blasted the damn thing into my hip when he paused at a kiosk and then suddenly accelerated. I was able to sidestep him and move to the other side of the hall.

Comment

Why did you not come visit me? >.< Anyway, they take those carts in all. the. time.

Comment

Quoth Food Lady View Post
                              Why did you not come visit me? >.< Anyway, they take those carts in all. the. time.
                              I no saw you.

Were you penned up in the snack bar again?

Comment

Working...
                              X