This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Seshat View Post
    So tell me - why do people feel a need to contact one of the prostitutes with a crude and foul message about how they're too fat/skinny/ugly/dark-skinned/light-skinned/pierced/not-pierced/whatever to be a whore?

Can anyone explain why someone would take the time to do that? It's much faster and easier to just click 'next' on the websites that advertise the whores and see if you can find someone who does appeal to you.
    Because when they're buying the fantasy, they have it in their minds that ONLY those that fit *their particular fantasy* should even be in that profession.

I have a friend who did a stint in a brothel in Vegas. She's 250 pounds, and was in HIGH demand. Funniest thing was - she said that at least 50% of the time, the men didn't really want sex. They wanted to cuddle and talk, maybe some heavy petting, but many never wanted to go all the way, they were mostly married men in their mid 50's or 60's who were craving some love, if not actual physical "loving." One guy came twice a week to sit with her nude and play cribbage for 3 hours.

And she made money hand over fist.
    The large print giveth, and the small print taketh away.

Comment

Quoth sms001 View Post
      Besides BlaqueKatt's explanation that they just don't realize that taste is subjective (and some people honestly don't; they simply can't wrap their heads around that fact that others' opinions are valid) there's probably the sad sods who just want to degrade the workers. They look down on the profession and want to bully them.
      pretty much this.

kinda like modeling really. i learned from my BF that there's a market for just about everything - thin, plump, inked, burlesque, ... if you can imagine it there's a market for it really.

the real trick is learning how to tap your target market for the "sweet spot" so to speak.

were craving some love, if not actual physical "loving."
      Kinda reminds me of the movie "French Kiss" - one of the comments in it was about prostitutes and that "To kiss a prostitute, it costs more." Cos that is where the romance is.
      Last edited by PepperElf; 04-09-2013, 05:08 AM.

Comment

My view came from both the professional Dominatrices I know and the short period I was in the profession myself.

The calls from fellows who just wanted a free phone-sex session under the guise of a Q/A period were a large part of the reason I did not last long. [And gave me a higher respect for those with the BS tolerance to work in the sex industry].
        "For the love of all that is holy and 4 things that aren’t but feel pretty good anyway" ~ Gravekeeper

Comment

Quoth DeltaSierra View Post
          Funniest thing was - she said that at least 50% of the time, the men didn't really want sex. They wanted to cuddle and talk, maybe some heavy petting, but many never wanted to go all the way, they were mostly married men in their mid 50's or 60's who were craving some love, if not actual physical "loving."
          I probably should have mentioned that somewhere along the way. My friends have the same experience.

It's especially true among disabled clients; particularly the ones who live alone or without friends/family as carers. Non-medical TOUCH. Simple things like a hug, a gentle caress, brushing their hair in a loving manner rather than a 'grooming the client' professional manner...

Medical professionals, including professional carers, have to maintain a professional and emotional distance. I'm not faulting them! It's part of the job. But if they're the only source of touch a patient has, well - humans NEED touch. It's on the next level of need up from pure survival (food, water, shelter).
          Seshat's self-help guide:
          1. Would you rather be right, or get the result you want?
          2. If you're consistently getting results you don't want, change what you do.
          3. Deal with the situation you have now, however it occurred.
          4. Accept the consequences of your decisions.

"All I want is a pretty girl, a decent meal, and the right to shoot lightning at fools." - Anders, Dragon Age.

Comment

Quoth Pipthepirate View Post
            I'd be interested in seeing what kind of Yelp reviews those sucky customers would write
            I can imagine that they would blame the worker for being unable to turn them on. Obviously it couldn't be a problem with them, it's the damned worker not knowing what to do. When really, it's probably them. Sadly, I know this from experience (the having a sexual fantasy not work out... not the using a sex worker).
            If you wish to find meaning, listen to the music not the song

Comment

Quoth Seshat View Post
              Also, the session inevitably starts with an std check
              Curious, how? Poke their finger and get a blood sample and run through a portable thingamajig? Ocular inspection for obvious signs of stds?

Comment

reminded of an old joke...

the traveling salesman pulls into town, and after a few discrete phone calls arranges for a local whore to spend the night. after the financials are taken care of she politely asks what he is looking for. The salesman says " well could you stay dressed and lie next to me all night and not talk or touch me at all?" the girl goes "of course I can, but you do realize we can do much more?" the salesman replies "oh I am sorry I should have explained, I am not horny, I just really miss my wife"
                Lister: This is Crazy. Why are we talking about going to bed with Wilma Flintstone?
                Cat: You're right. We're Nuts! This is an insane conversation....
                Lister: She'll never leave Fred and we know it.

Comment

Quoth Skelly View Post
                  Curious, how? Poke their finger and get a blood sample and run through a portable thingamajig? Ocular inspection for obvious signs of stds?
                  Condoms I do believe are required by the johns.

I suspect that its a visual inspection primarily to check for things that condoms CAN'T protect against (not all STI's occur on the penis/vagina, some occur around it) ie weeping sores, lumps, pubic lice etc.
                  Last edited by fireheart; 04-11-2013, 01:11 AM.
                  The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

Fireheart is basically correct. One also checks for syphilis canker or geniltal warts, and for any unhealthy discharge. Spot any of the above and you return their money and strongly, strongly recommend the client sees a doctor.
                    Seshat's self-help guide:
                    1. Would you rather be right, or get the result you want?
                    2. If you're consistently getting results you don't want, change what you do.
                    3. Deal with the situation you have now, however it occurred.
                    4. Accept the consequences of your decisions.

"All I want is a pretty girl, a decent meal, and the right to shoot lightning at fools." - Anders, Dragon Age.

Comment

don't ask me how i know this stuff!
                      The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

The downside is that a lot of STIs have symptoms that come and go, and often don't manifest at all.

Yeah, that's why there are condoms, but those don't block everything.

Just one more reason prostitutes have a right to charge 3 figures. Hazard pay.
                        "For the love of all that is holy and 4 things that aren’t but feel pretty good anyway" ~ Gravekeeper

Comment

I uh....thought this thread was going to be about a pizza company being bad.

I was surprised.
                          By popular request....I am now officially the Enemy of Normalcy.

"What is unobtainium? To Seraph, it's a normal client. :P" -- Observant Friend

Comment

Quoth HorrorFrogPrincess View Post
                            The downside is that a lot of STIs have symptoms that come and go, and often don't manifest at all.

Yeah, that's why there are condoms, but those don't block everything.

Just one more reason prostitutes have a right to charge 3 figures. Hazard pay.
                            true. From what I remember in my Human Sexuality class... the pores in latex are 50X bigger than HIV. And that - in the real world - condoms fail at about a 17% rate. (fail, by the standards of the test, meant "girl ends up pregnant" - not sure if they did a separate test on std transfers with condoms tho)

Comment

gee, Fireheart, I just thought you read a lot. you mean that ISN'T how you know?

Comment

Quoth PepperElf View Post
                                true. From what I remember in my Human Sexuality class... the pores in latex are 50X bigger than HIV. And that - in the real world - condoms fail at about a 17% rate. (fail, by the standards of the test, meant "girl ends up pregnant" - not sure if they did a separate test on std transfers with condoms tho)
                                um, HIV is not smaller than the pores in latex. That's something normally said by those who oppose condom use. What allows someone to get HIV despite a condom if if the condom breaks.

As for condoms failing, it's actually a 2% rate. 98% chance of not getting pregnant if you use a condom, 99.8% chance if you use the Pill as well. so, 2% chance of the condom breaking. I will say that the 2% rate is if you use the condom properly (unexpired, new condom each time the guy ejaculates. condom actually fits properly (both a too small and a too large condom cause issues. too large and it can come off; too small and the condom bursts when you ejaculate.))

Comment

Working...
                                X