X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth coolcuziknit View Post
    -Human Virus

Meanwhile, there were 2 Mid-Eastern people, working at the airport with direct access to the baggage, airplane and airport who better fit the profile of terrorist.
    HAhahahahaha Human Virus!

I can not tell you how many times I got told I was the "right kind" of immagrant for Canada. People werent sutble either, the would say I was right because I was....

Western
    Educated at a western university
    Blonde
    Green eyed
    English was my first language
    I "fit in" because my culture was similar

people even said more than once, "well your white, so your not really an outsider at all"

that used to make my blood BOIL!!!!!!!!!!!

people would bitch about how all the immagriants were stealing Canadians jobs and when I would say "im immagrating" they would be like yeah but your the kind we want....

PATHETIC!

they would always try and temper it with "but im not racist or anything"
    I wasnt put on this earth to make you feel like a man ~ Mary Bertone

Comment

Quoth Kiwi View Post
      they would always try and temper it with "but im not racist or anything"
      *cough*bullshit*cough*

Although, to be honest, when people are talking about going to other countries, I mention that I've been to Canada but that it doesn't really count. I've been to Victoria and Vancouver, and It was like a slightly friendlier and damper version of areas I'd been to here in California.

^-.-^
      Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Quoth Andara Bledin View Post
        I've been to Victoria and Vancouver, and It was like a slightly friendlier and damper version of areas I'd been to here in California.

^-.-^
        Well, America has enough areas that you can find something analagous to the different areas in Canada. BC = California, Alberta = Texas, Toronto = New York, etc. I think probably Newfoundland is the only one without a close comparison.

Yeah, it's the accents.
        Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

Lady, you probably got searched because something you did or packed raised a flag.
          not always. right after 9-11 i got searched 3 times: twice in november 01 when flying from Hawaii to NY and once the following month flying from VA to NY. it was just random.

since then i haven't been searched, though the luggage always gets the little paper-test for explosives. but everyone gets that.

Comment

Quoth bigjimaz View Post
            This is a guy waaaaay addicted to old episodes of The Newlywed Game on GSN.
            Damn, you beat me to it!!!
            I don't go in for ancient wisdom
            I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
            It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Quoth Broomjockey View Post
              Well, America has enough areas that you can find something analagous to the different areas in Canada. BC = California, Alberta = Texas, Toronto = New York, etc. I think probably Newfoundland is the only one without a close comparison.

Yeah, it's the accents.
              I'd say Newfoundland = The deep south
              You'll always miss 100% of the shots you don't take,and statistically speaking, 99% of the shots you do take.

Pirates Vs. Ninjas. Which would you choose? http://s1.darkpirates.com/c.php?uid=40174

Comment

I don't know enough 'bout Newfoundland to know whether to insulted or complimented; not that I live the Deeeeeep South.
                I'm sorry, the person to whom you were speaking has been replaced by a recording. Please leave your message at the sound of the beep.

Comment

I'd say it's a compliment - Newfies are great! Really friendly and laid back folks.
                  Mike: I'm gonna tell my boss I'm Puma Man, maybe he'll let me off early.

- "Puma Man", MST3K.

Comment

I'm actually not surprised that some people can't spell Human Papilloma Virus. It's not a topic that usually comes up in every day conversations, or on TV.

My mom's been a nurse for around 30 years now, and has alot of medical books laying around, so I know alot of medical stuff.

As for complaining about be searched, someone really needs to grow up! I don't like baggage searches either, but I endure them anyway, because complaining about them makes you look suspiciou, no matter what race you are.

Comment

Quoth Andara Bledin View Post

I've been to Victoria and Vancouver, and It was like a slightly friendlier and damper version of areas I'd been to here in California.

^-.-^
                      Damper, I love it. You should visit UVIC, so many bunnies. The running joke around my area is that we're being 'invaded' by australians. Nobody is actually upset by it, it's usually just an observation. Since I'm from a small town, everybody like the more foreign looking immigrants because... they look foreign. We also get to annoy them with phrases such as "Betcha never got this much snow where you're from, eh?" and "Bet it never got this cold where you're from, eh?". We like to bet about things. I don't get it.

I should point out that there is sometimes watered down hostility toward the French speaking, but, to be fair, that's because most of the ones around here are les douches.

Comment

Quoth coolcuziknit View Post
                        -Herpes Pappa Virus
                        Coffee...keyboard...not good!

As far as the "racist" 57 year old caucasian woman - that's just sad - "99.9% of terrorist attacks are caused by Mid-eastern men" - uh, no, honey - terrorist attacks have also happened in Ireland and Spain by Northern European men, in areas of Africa by African men and in America by white men. The only reason terrorist attacks committed by mid-eastern men are at the forefront now is because that's where most of the world is watching right now. 9-11, the war in Iraq and Afganistan have highlighted those parts of the world and it's become a stage.
                        "I'm still walking, so I'm sure that I can dance!" from Saint of Circumstance - Grateful Dead

Comment

Quoth Posture Moll View Post
                          I'd say it's a compliment - Newfies are great! Really friendly and laid back folks.
                          "The Day the World Came to Town: 9/11 in Gander, Newfoundland" is a good read and very complimentary of the Newfies' hospitality.
                          Lady, people aren't chocolates. D'you know what they are mostly? Bastards. Bastard-coated bastards with bastard filling. Dr Cox - Scrubs

Comment

Working...
                          X