Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The only reason I can understand wanting to get a big bill (50 or a 100) is to try and keep yourself from spending it. If you need to save that money for a particular item and you know that this is going to limit your options on pissing it away before you can use it for its intended purpose. Now I will grant you that most SC's don't have the smarts that god gave a sack of hammers in using this way of thinking. Its probably woohoo looksie at me ma, I gots a me a C-Note...I is a balla now...WHHHHEEEEEEEE the girlies, they gonna want me for sure now.

*oh god I feel dirty thinking like a inbreed SC*
    My Karma ran over your dogma.

Comment

Quoth BookstoreEscapee View Post
      Here's a thought for them...ask the BANK to give you smaller bills! My bank automatically gives 20s when I cash a check or something. I don't understand why they bother to give out 50s and 100s unless people specifically request them..
      That was my feeling too, whenever I used to manualy cash my checks, I'd never get anything larger than a $20 in the first place, so these people must be deliberately asking for large bills, for what reason, who knows?
      - They say nothing good happens at 2AM, they're right, I happen at 2AM.

Comment

Quoth digilight View Post
        The only reason I can understand wanting to get a big bill (50 or a 100) is to try and keep yourself from spending it.
        Now that you say that I do remember in the days of lore asking for my pay check in specific denominations. The $50s and $100s went into the piggy bank, and the $20s went into my wallet. It's an easy way to keep yourself on budget.
        "If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking." - George Patton

"If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough." - Albert Einstein

Comment

Have these people been living under a rock for the past 10-20 years? I thought it was well-publicized 'our drivers do not carry more than $X', rather like the signs at convenience stores.

The only time I ever asked for larger than $20 denominations was for a bill that was more, like my rent (out of checks & lease in roommate's name, so gave $ to roomie). Heck, I apologize if my bill is less than $10 & all I have is a $20.
          I'm sorry, the person to whom you were speaking has been replaced by a recording. Please leave your message at the sound of the beep.

Comment

I just now checked my wallet and all I have is 100s. 12 100s. I think I need to go hide some money in my books.......
            ...how do used tampons attract thieves? ---Sleepwalker

Chickens are Asexual!

Comment

Quoth StevieJD View Post
              They are trying to impress people.

I was in the bank making my business deposit a few years back and I overheard two FEMALE customers in a row cashing payroll checks for well under $200 and both just had to have a $100 bill. I asked the bank teller and she said just about everybody working for that particular company cashed their checks at that branch and "everybody" had to have a $100 bill.

And I bet their next stop was the grocery store to get $9 worth of stuff and flash the $100 bill.

Now for MALE customers wanting a $100 bill, I can understand that need. It is to impress the ladies. It don't work, but the stupid still have to try.

You know that's funny. I remember one time when I was in high schol that I got 1 $100 bill 2 $20s, 10 $5s and 20 or more $1 bills and then put the $100 bill on top to make it all look like it was $100s. Pretty cool effect. Not so impressive to the girls. I mean the girls were like, " So you got paid on friday. Whoopee do." And then my friend stole my wallet and wouldn't give it back. Eventually he gave it back after I learned my lesson about carrying large amounts of cash in my wallet.

But speaking of delivery drivers, when I worked as one, one of the delivery drivers carried enough cash that he could have broken several $100 bills. I personally thought he was crazy for carrying that much cash. But he had his $20 that the store gave him for changein one pocket and in his other pocket he kept all his tips. He would come home at the end of the shift with 40-50 deliveries and make as much as $220 in tips. I still have no idea how he did it. I think he might have just taken the money up front, put it in his pocket, handed them the pizzas, the parmesan and red peppers and napkins and drinks and then walked away with the change without a word. I think he also knew who our good tipping customers were and would always take note of who they were if they tipped good. That way the next time they ordered he would then refuse to take the non-tipping schmoes order and would only deliver the good tipper's order. I can't recall how many times I argued with him that he needed to deliver the orders in the order they were placed and he couldn't pick and choose which orders he got to deliver.
              You'll always miss 100% of the shots you don't take,and statistically speaking, 99% of the shots you do take.

Pirates Vs. Ninjas. Which would you choose? http://s1.darkpirates.com/c.php?uid=40174

Comment

Quoth rerant View Post
                Do you think your manager(s) could put a policy in place that you no longer accept anything higher than a $20 bill for deliveries and mention it in the delivery recording?
                Nice idea, but sounds like something corporate would not approve of or put the kibosh on. If there is a corporate office OP's manager has to answer to.
                Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Quoth rerant View Post
                  Do you think your manager(s) could put a policy in place that you no longer accept anything higher than a $20 bill for deliveries and mention it in the delivery recording?
                  Not to mention that if my order is $40, I could pay with a $50 and no harm done. Which is why my pizzeria had a rule about no more than $20 in change. It doesn't matter how big the bills are, just the proportion to the order.
                  "If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking." - George Patton

"If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough." - Albert Einstein

Comment

Working...
                  X