This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Phone Saved Me From a Headache

Before I go into too much detail, let me start by saying that this happened yesterday. I had asked my sup, D, if I could keep my cell phone on my person because my grandmother was getting follow-up treatment for some surgery back in December to remove stomach cancer and I wanted to stay informed. Normally we aren't allowed to, but she made an exception for me so long as I kept it on vibrate. I forgot to do so. Note this, it becomes crucial later.

Now let's cut to the chase. I get into a typical argument with an SC over why she can't use her 3-year old coupon for her purchase. She still refuses to take "no" for an answer, and any other customers have moved out of my lane because this is taking so long. At this point in time the conversation went as such:

SC: But it says March 10th! I should be able to use it!
    Nashida: It says March 10, 2005. I'm sorry, but I can't take it.
    SC: I don't want to pay full price if I don't have to!
    Nashida: Well, in this case you'll have to pay full price, it's 3 years old.
    SC: I'm very good friends with [store manager] and he'll fire you if you don't do it!
    Nashida: If you're such good friends with him, then you'd know his strict coupon policy.
    SC: Please, just take it, I don't want it!
    Nashida: Then throw it away, I can't use it on your order.

Around this time a customer the next lane over purchased a Cracker Jack and has pulled over somewhere nearby to watch the show, munching away. Note this guy too.

SC: I want [store manager] out here right now, so he can fire you, you [insert XX many explicitives ] !

Right about this time my mother decides to call me from the hospital to give me an update about my grandmother. At the time my ringtone was, of all things, Achmed the Dead Terrorist from one of Jeff Dunham's acts. He screams out "Silence! I kill you!", and the SC shuts up. "Okay....just...just total it up...forget the coupon....", she says, her eyes as wide as saucers.

We finish her total (Achmed's still screaming, I haven't answered the phone yet.), and she leaves after getting a scolding from my sup about such language when children were present. Cracker Jack swings over and goes "Was that your phone?" I nod and he just laughs. "I would have said the same thing. No means no."

I wanted to hug him, so much.

Quoth Nashida View Post
    At the time my ringtone was, of all things, Achmed the Dead Terrorist from one of Jeff Dunham's acts. Jeff Dunham
    "A....errrr........C.........phlegm !"

Great timing on your mothers part
    All of these things the worker has done
    From tilling the fields to carrying the gun
    We've been yoked to the plough since time first began
    And always expected to carry the can.

Comment

OH. MY. BUDDHA!

I'm fairly certain my co-workers think I'm a giggling idiot at the moment, but I don't care. First of all, I LOVE Jeff Dunham! And Achmed the Dead Terrorist is AWESOME! I'm just glad I hadn't been drinking anything because it would be all over my computer right now!

Seriously, something like that couldn't have been planned as good as that! Amazing...Just incredible...

Comment

Thank you so much I laughed so hard I cryed! Mine is Carlos Mencea (sp?) and his duh da da.

Comment

Just knocked my drink over I was laughing so hard. Absolutely perfect timing, a once in a lifetime opportunity. And now I am off to get something to dry my desk with, else the cleaning staff will have my head.

Comment

Bwahaha! Classic!

Oh, to have been an observer for that one.

... and yeah, Dunham is a riot.

^-.-^
            Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Priceless. Absolutely priceless. Thank goodness your manager was not only understanding but has a great sense of humor too.
              Random conversation:
              Me: Okay..so I think I get why Zoro wears a bandana
              DDD: Cuz it's cool

So, by using the Doctor's reasoning, bow ties, fezzes and bandanas are cool.

Comment

Priceless!
                I know nothing and I can prove it!

Comment

OK, my roommate thinks I'm crazy.* I love that bit!! Love it! I would so love to have been a witness to that one!

*I tried to explain, but she is not all that familiar with Jeff Dunham and has never seen Achmed. Which is sad.

I don't go in for ancient wisdom
                  I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
                  It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Quoth BookstoreEscapee View Post
                    *I tried to explain, but she is not all that familiar with Jeff Dunham and has never seen Achmed. Which is sad.

Yes, very sad. You can go to Dunham's site and get video clips of different routines.

And some disrespectful people have put up his DVDs on YouTube cut into pieces, too.

^-.-^
                    Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

OP, email Jeff and tell him about that. He's sure to get a kick out of it. (He also looks like someone who was cursed with working retail at some point).
                      ...how do used tampons attract thieves? ---Sleepwalker

Chickens are Asexual!

Comment

Quoth Andara Bledin View Post
                        And some disrespectful people have put up his DVDs on YouTube cut into pieces, too.

^-.-^
                        TO be honest thats how i found out about him, but then i went out and gotboth his DVD's. Very much worth it.
                        All of these things the worker has done
                        From tilling the fields to carrying the gun
                        We've been yoked to the plough since time first began
                        And always expected to carry the can.

Comment

Jeff Dunham!!! I love Walter's line, "Welcome to Wal-Mart, get your shit and get out!" (haven't we ALL felt like that before)
                          "Even arms dealers need groceries." ~ Ziva David, NCIS

Tony: "Everyone's counting on you, just do what you do best."
                          Abby: "Dance?" ~ NCIS

Comment

Working...
                          X