This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth BookstoreEscapee View Post
    Racket Man, my coworker is from Wisconsin and has a bumper sticker in his cubicle that says "And on the eighth day God created the Packers."
    I saw that bumper sticker on a car at the store today.

On one hand I'm sad to see Brett go but on the other hand I was getting sick of the "Will he come back or won't he?" drama every year. The Packers can still be a good team without him.

I must say, the Packers playoff run combined with Brett's retirement has been a nice shot in the arm for business around here.
    Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Quoth Racket_Man View Post
      obviously you are not in the Green Bay area. if you were, you would be shot, stabbed, blown up, tourchered, tarred and feathered, your dog and cat would be violated, your house would be burnt in effigy and your car would be then be violated and then they would get really really nasty and mean. and I say these things not really with all that much scarcasim. think of rabid sococer fans in other parts of the world and the few holligans who start fights and riots. that describes most of the area here -- a whole town.

I guess I will die in 2009 then

I have every intention of showing up to Lambeau Field in 49ers red and gold and watch the San Francisco 49ers demolish the Green Bay Packers. But alas, that is not until the 2009 season. Over a year away

Comment

Everytime I see this thread title I start singind "Last Time" as done by the Rolling Stones.
        "I'm still walking, so I'm sure that I can dance!" from Saint of Circumstance - Grateful Dead

Comment

Who's Brett Favre?

Hell, the only reason I know who Troy Palumalu is is because he grew up down the road from me. (FYI, he was a string bean as a kid and teen).
          ...how do used tampons attract thieves? ---Sleepwalker

Chickens are Asexual!

Comment

Quoth Mr Yuck View Post
            I do believe pro athletes are overpaid (Brett's salary this season was to be a little over $10,000,000).
            That they are. For the amount of "work" they do, they're vastly overpaid. Sorry, but I don't consider a child's game to be actual work...no matter how much I like Dem Stillers. However, from what I understand, Hines Ward does *not* act like a arrogant bastard. He really is a nice guy.

Now, the Pirates are another story. They get insane amounts of cash...yet continue to suck year after year. All they do is whine. In fact, they actually *threatened* to leave town if they didn't get a new stadium
            Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

Quoth MrSunshineState View Post
              I guess I will die in 2009 then

I have every intention of showing up to Lambeau Field in 49ers red and gold and watch the San Francisco 49ers demolish the Green Bay Packers. But alas, that is not until the 2009 season. Over a year away
              Well....unless the 9ers get vastly better, or the Packers vastly worse in the near future, you'll be wasting your money. No biggie....the residents of Brown County are happy to take your $$$'s.
              Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.---Bullet Tooth Tony

Comment

Quoth Mr Yuck View Post
                Well....unless the 9ers get vastly better, or the Packers vastly worse in the near future, you'll be wasting your money. No biggie....the residents of Brown County are happy to take your $$$'s.
                I know all too well. I traveled to 3 Niners games last year. Spent about $5,000 on airline tickets, game tickets, hotel, food, and transportation. Niners lost all 3 games. However despite us not making the playoffs in 7 years I am still an arrogant bastard when it comes to my team. I have always wanted to visit Lambeau. Mainly due to my hatred for the Packers.

Comment

Working...
                X