This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Awsome. Awsome to the max.
    "Because that's how magical meteoric size-altering space goo works." IMDB Message boards.

Comment

There is a very popular liquor store on Bardstown Rd. here that stays quite busy on weekends especially during the summer. The only problem is they have a very small lot, maybe about 4 spaces and a drive-up lane. Now, on weekends the street parking is taken up pretty quickly by people going to the other businesses in the immediate area ( a record store, BBQ place, a trendy international restaurant, a pizza place, etc), and there's also a constant stream of traffic because The Highlands is full of cool places to shop or eat at. Well anyway, one Saturday night, according to the liquor store owner, he noticed that there's been a big ol' SUV parked in one of his spaces in the lot for about an hour. He askes around the store and it belonged to nobody there so he calls to have it towed. As the tow driver is hooking up to it this upwardly-mobile looking guy comes running from the BBQ place across and up the street . He runs up and starts screaming at the tow driver and the store owner comes out and tells him why he is being towed. It seems the guys excuse for parking in one of the 4 spots on a busy weekend night was that he was tired of driving around looking for a place to park so he pulled in there. But he felt it was ok because him and his wife probably were gonna buy something to drink for when they got home.

He still got towed.
      Customers: from 0 to stupid in 2.5 sentences.

Comment

The way I see it, they're not customers of the restaurant anymore; they've left the restaurant but left their cars parked in lot clearly signed as parking for restaurant customers only.

So where are future customers for the restaurant going to park?

And they've made a ginormous mess that civilized people wouldn't even think of leaving.

Therefore, mad props to the OP's manager. Mad, mad props.
        Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Quoth badgegirl007 View Post
          A drive-tru liquor store? I need to hear more about this
          Think of an extended-length garage with hootch in it. They're high on the hit list of many drunk driving campaigns.

Comment

I would be 100% on the side of the manager if not for an unpleasant experience I had a couple years back.

My sister and I went to a pizza place that had limited parking. She decided there was nothing at the pizza place that had what she wanted, so she walked across the street to a Mexican restaurant, stopping at the car to grab her purse. Apparently, the manager did not see her come in with me, but instead saw her close the car door, sling her purse over her shoulder, and head across the street. So he assumed she was 'not a customer', and called for a tow. 20 minutes later, I'm done with my pizza and the pinball machine is no longer holding my interest, so I go outside to find my car gone.

Never did get my $200 back from the idiot manager. He gave me a coupon for a free large pizza and thought that made up for my 'inconvenience'.

So I'm only 98% on the side of the manager in this story.

Comment

Quoth Zyanya View Post
              I would be 100% on the side of the manager if not for an unpleasant experience I had a couple years back.
              Far as I can tell, in the OP, the manager made every effort in a small fast food restaurant to make sure there were no customer cars being affected. Unless someone was camped out in the bathroom for quite some time to miss the towing, I can't see an actual customer's car being towed.

I'm still on the side that thinks this is hilarious and quite appropriate, especially given that, within the bounds of the law, the manager did nothing wrong. Not only that, they were able to extract some revenge AND teach the kids a valuable lesson about reading signs.
              "In the end I was the mean girl/or somebody's in between girl"~Neko Case

“You don't need many words if you already know what you're talking about.” ~William Stafford

Comment

Working...
              X