X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wherein a caller is mad that he's saving money

This one had me totally puzzled....

Me: *opening spiel*
    SC: Yeah, I just got this digital box hooked up and I don't have any more channels

(note: an alarming amount of people thing adding a cable box means extra channels will automagically appear rather than having to subscribe to digital channel packages)

Me: (*does mental facepalm*) Well sir, just adding a box isn't going to add any extra channels, you'll still need to subscribe to either *Digital Package X* or *Digital Package Y* for those.
    SC: Well what's the point to having this box then?
    Me: *goes over features of box and the benefits, blah de blah*
    SC: Well I don't care about any of that, I thought I was going to get extra channels and now you guys are ripping me off! (oh boy, my favorite SC card is played)
    Me: Even if you don't care about any of the features, standard cable without a box is about $58 a month. You have a promotion now, so with that box you say we're ripping you off for you only pay $30 a month.
    SC: *more grumbling about how we're ripping him off because he was expecting stuff and didn't get it*
    Me: Well sir if it really upsets you, you can get rid of the box.
    SC: BUT YOU GUYS WILL CHARGE ME MORE! (aha! a clue emerges!)
    Me: That's right, your bill would go back to regular rate, but if you honestly think you were ripped off or misled, we'll be glad to pick that box up and take it off your hands.
    SC: ah, I'll keep it for now.

Seriously, that one hurt my brain. OK, so you thought you were getting something and it ended up you weren't, I get being a little mad at that. Don't be a dumbass and play the "you ripped me off" card when you have a 50% discount on your cable service.
    "You know, there are times when it's a source of personal pride not to be human." - Hobbes

I have to wonder...why do people think just because you have a pretty new box you will get tv for "free"? Perhaps I am just a child of the "modern age".
    When it comes to getting things done, we need fewer architects and more bricklayers. ---Colleen C. Barrett---

Comment

automagically

... I really like that word! I might just start using that in everyday conversation.

Comment

I'm wondering something else though. Couldn't this imbecile get more channels on that box for close to the same price he would pay without the box? Was this not mentioned in the call?

Comment

Working...
        X