This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Pagan View Post
    Blas you really don't want to know what's living on your skin, either!
    *Licks arm* Nope, still tastes like skin. Slightly burned, though, I think I sat in the sun too long today.

Quoth Pagan View Post
    And BTW, somewhere between 95%-99% of the dust in your house....is you!
    But-but-but Mommy said it was magical pixie dust!

............OW!! Okay, that arm is starting to hurt now! Where's my aloe?
    Now a member of that alien race called Management.

Yeah, you see that right. Pink. Harness.

Comment

Quoth RetailWorkhorse View Post

............OW!! Okay, that arm is starting to hurt now! Where's my aloe?
      Its a burn, treat it as such, NO CREAMS!!!
      A PSA, if I may, as well as another.

Comment

You have to be tough to be a drag queen. I would not mess with one.

My first husband told me about a guy he used to play cards with regularly at a card club many, many years ago (probably in the 70s) in the San Francisco area. The guy went by Barbara while in drag.

One night, a new player was at the table. The guy had a few drinks and started making some cracks about Barbara. My husband just waited to see the show he knew was coming. Finally, Barbara had enough. She got up, walked behind the guy, bent down and picked up the guy in the chair by lifting it by the legs. (Think about the amount of strength that is required to do that.) Barbara held him in the air for a minute, then set him down and went back to her seat. The guy sat quietly for a moment, then folded, cashed out his chips and left. Everyone else at the table laughed so hard they had to stop playing for a few minutes.
        Labor boards have info on local laws for free
        HR believes the first person in the door
        Learn how to go over whackamole bosses' heads safely
        Document everything
        CS proves Dunning-Kruger effect

Comment

Quoth Raieth View Post
          The lesson here is ALWAYS go to the hospital for human bites that break the skin.

.. ummmmm, it depends on how far it breaks the skin

but for diabetics, yeah definitely go to the hospital no matter what. One little shot of antibiotics can save a limb!
          <Insert clever signature here>

Comment

Quoth crazylegs View Post
            Its a burn, treat it as such, NO CREAMS!!!
            Perhaps not, but there are many aloe solutions, including creams, that are absolutely awesome for sunburns and skin irritations. We have an aloe store down here that sells magic, as far as I'm concerned. And trust me when I say that in the tropics, there are a lot of people that get burns......

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
            Still A Customer."

Comment

The Kitty has a policy that specifically states that we are NOT to chase after shoplifters. No ifs, ands or butts.

WD had a similar policy, yet at that little store near the house we learned firsthand how dangerous trying to stop a shoplifter can be.

The produce manager whom I had worked with since my first day at that store had recently been promoted to AM. Really nice guy he was, yet he had no tolerance for BS from anyone. He was the one who attempted to keep schoolkids out of the store during school hours if they weren't with an adult because they'd come in and steal cigars and packs of cigs (back then they weren't kept behind the counter.)

And it was a shoplifter who was stealing a bunch of Newports that changed that. AM attempted to stop a woman who had helped herself to some smokes - turned out she had a razor blade.

AM was sliced through the middle of one hand. Shoplifter fled out the door and jumped into a car and hauled ass out of the parking lot. She was never caught, even though a coworker had gotten the license plate number off the car (we heard something about the car belonging to someone else and he wouldn't tell whom he loaned the car to, so the cops dropped it after x amount of time.)

AM was cut so bad, he had to be rushed to the ER. Turned out the cut had severed some nerves, leaders and a tendon. Even after 2 surgeries and months of physical therapy, he was only able to regain 25% use of his hand.

As he later said, at least it wasn't his golf hand. But when he returned to work, he was sent to another store (which was in his favor, as it was much closer to his home) and became a CSM.

It's simply not worth the risk.
              Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

At restaurants and bars, we don't have to deal with shoplifters, of course. Dine-and-dashers, occasionally, but no shoplifters.

That being said, just about every restaurant I have ever worked for has had a policy regarding crimes, such as robbery, dine-and-dashers, etc. Observe as much detail as you can about the suspect, cooperate fully with them if it's an armed robbery, but do NOT put yourself in harm's way. It makes sense, if you ask me.

Now, I have never really worked retail, but just as I won't chase someone out of the restaurant for an eighty dollar tab, I certainly won't put my life or limb at risk for a few dollars of retail products. I don't really understand those who do, to be honest. Especially in today's ridiculously violent world.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
                Still A Customer."

Comment

Man...that Queen is one that gives them their bad reps sometimes. I have quite a few Drag Queen friends (being a drag king myself) and they'd be horrified to hear about one doing something like that....
                  I know who killed the muffin man. It was Santa in the billard room with a pop-tart. Duh.

Comment

About the bite, keep in mind that any bacteria or other flora in a human mouth is evolved to survive in the human body. Animal bites, you have a shot at not getting anything, unless it's a bacteria (or whatever) that is capable of zoonosis, i.e. crossing species boundaries. And yeah, diabetics don't heal worth crap. My mom's diabetic, and constantly gets small cuts on her fingers. Take forever to heal.

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post
                      We have an aloe store down here that sells magic, as far as I'm concerned. And trust me when I say that in the tropics, there are a lot of people that get burns......
                      People forget about the sun this far north, yet when it does break through, all these pasty pale celts turn into lobsters that *CRISP*, I've been told some real horror stories about sun burn.

About the shoplifter part.

I *will* go after shoplifters, I *have gone* after shoplifters and yes I've on occasion come off worse (broken bones etc), however I can't stand to see someone take something that doesn't belong to them and get away with it (shoplifting adds huge bills to each houshold in the UK).

*Admitadly I was a security guard and am now working within the Criminal Justice System but I think it was my attitude that pushed me towards my job rather than the other way round.

Comment

It's like they always say...walk softly and carry a METAL BAT. Seriously, even with my former work in security, it's good to have something to trip 'em up with. You already know what I'm talking about if you've seen Carlito's Way: Rise to Power.
                        You can find me on Backloggery, Facebook, Twitch, Twitter, YouTube

Comment

Quoth gunsage View Post
                          It's like they always say...walk softly and carry a METAL BAT. Seriously, even with my former work in security, it's good to have something to trip 'em up with.
                          Learn how to use bolos. A good set can be worn out in the open, and no one will suspect they are a weapon until you start twirling. Even if you don't wrap both legs, try running with a five pound wieght on one leg.
                          The Rich keep getting richer because they keep doing what it was that made them rich. Ditto the Poor.
                          "Hy kan tell dey is schmot qvestions, dey is makink my head hurt."
                          Hoc spatio locantur.

Comment

When deciding what to do about shoplifters, the main question is this:

What's most important to me?

A. My life.

B. My health

C. My boss's money

I'm happy to look after C, as long as I don't have to sacrifice A or B to do it.
                            The best karma is letting a jerk bash himself senseless on the wall of your polite indifference.

The stupid is strong with this one.

Comment

Quoth crazylegs View Post
                              As an ex security guard I will still step in and deal with shoplifters (as I did yesterday) but that may have something to do with my current job . However if you're not trained either in conflict management or some kind of self defence then your leaving yourself open to a can of whoop ass!

I am however all for people to folow whilst on a mobile (cell) phone whilst calling the police, win win situation.
                              This can even be a risk. We had and incident where I live where a man saw a man rob a convenience store and followed him while calling police. After a couple of blocks the thief realized he was being followed, spun around, drove by the man and shot into the man's mini van, hitting him in the leg. Luckily the police arrived just as this was happening and began firing into the thief's car, killing him. It was pretty wild. The good samaritan turned out all right. Just some healing time.

Comment

Quoth STEELMAN View Post
                                drove by the man and shot into the man's mini van, hitting him in the leg.
                                Lacking the risk of firearms in this country (to a certain extent) I'm willing to take the risk, its not firearms that scare me but needles.

Comment

Working...
                                X