This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I was unintentionally a SC!

Well, it was my own fault for not reading, but I didn't do it on purpose. I stopped at the Krogers on the way home from work. After shopping for 45 minutes, I had quite a full cart, and was dismayed when I got up to the queues and realized they were all full. I got it one line and quickly realized that for whatever reason, the cashier was held up and the line wasn't moving. So I pulled out and went to the line further down and started unloading. When the cashier looked at my many many many items, looked at me and he said "excuse me ma'am!" I paused, momentarily confused, then looked up at the sign that said <wait for it> 12 items or less! I froze, and the blood rushed to my face and my heart stopped. I immediately stammered an apology, usual SC's comments about not seeing it, and started to load my stuff back into the cart as quickly as possible. The cashier stopped me from loading my stuff and said he would cash me out, it happens all the time. I told him to take the people behind me who only had three items and had been giving me the stink eye previously (now I know why!) I was so embarrassed and felt like the biggest asshole. I apologized profusely numerous times to both the people behind me and the cashier, bagged all my own groceries and hightailed it out of there! That taught me a lesson about reading, for damned sure!
    Men have two emotions: Hungry and Horny. If you see him without an erection, make him a sandwich.

Dont' worry, I don't think you qualify as an SC... SC's don't apologize.

"Kamala the Ugandan Giant" 1950-2020 • "Bullet" Bob Armstrong 1939-2020 • "Road Warrior Animal" 1960-2020 • "Zeus" Tiny Lister Jr. 1958-2020 • "Hacksaw" Butch Reed 1954-2021 • "New Jack" Jerome Young 1963-2021 • "Mr. Wonderful" Paul Orndorff 1949-2021 • "Beautiful" Bobby Eaton 1958-2021 • Daffney 1975-2021

Comment

It's ok, we all get one.
      Just one, though.

Comment

That's not so sucky, mistakes happen. If you realized your mistake then that's okay. Suckiness starts when you demand to be put through anyway. ^^
        "I just figured you would be terrified, and I would be sarcastic about it."

Comment

yea, that falls under "shit happens"

Comment

Quoth El Pollo Guerrera View Post
            Dont' worry, I don't think you qualify as an SC... SC's don't apologize.

Or they split it in 12 item or less orders
            Everything is great when you're a kid, then you grow up and suddenly you're afraid of the monkey bars...

Comment

Having a full cart in the 12 or fewer lane = sucky

Putting the people with the appropriate amount of item through before you = absolution of sucky

^-.-^
              Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

I have to disagree... you weren't sucky, because...
                1. you didn't do it on purpose
                2. you tired to correct it when it was brought to your attention
                3. you went out of your way to minimize the irritation to other people
                4. you apologized... profusely
                5. you still feel bad about it.

Yah. No suck.
                Everything sucks. I must be living in a vacuum.

Comment

Thanks everyone!!!
                  Men have two emotions: Hungry and Horny. If you see him without an erection, make him a sandwich.

Comment

That's not being an SC, that's an honest mistake. They happen. At least you didn't freak and make him cash you out when he told you you were in the wrong lane! That would be a SC!

Comment

Working...
                    X