This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Jay 2K Winger View Post
    Hey, nothing wrong with spirited discussions with the voices in your head. You're always assured semi-intelligent conversation...
    The theme song: "Inside Of My Face" - Chuck Pyle
    I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
    Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
    Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Another vote for feta here. While it doesn't seem to melt (you can actually "toast" it under a broiler), it goes well in soup, and adds a nice tang to beef. I discovered it when an organic pizza joint where I worked for a few months had a pizza with a garlic butter sauce, fresh basil, hamburger, and feta on it (instead of mozz). It came out remarkably tasty.

As for Romano -- I prefer it over parm, myself -- as did my Italian and Sicilian friends back home.

On a side note, there's a small eatery down this way that makes "diabetic-friendly" (and possibly gluten-free) bread with cheese as its base (most likely almond flour with tons of cheddar).

Quoth Jay 2K Winger View Post
      Hey, nothing wrong with spirited discussions with the voices in your head.
      Well, yeah. Just as long as you don't lose any arguments.
      "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
      "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
      "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
      "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
      "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
      "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
      Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
      "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Y'all are slowin' down. I can't believe nobody's mentioned this yet.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uT3OQECSDoQ

I had a co-worker once that said, "It's fine to talk to yourself. It's fine to answer yourself. It's when you're talking to yourself and you go 'Huh?' that you have a problem."
        It's floating wicker propelled by fire!

Comment

Quoth greek_jester View Post
          I'm 1/4 Greek, 1/4 Irish, and various proportions English, Indian, and Jewish. Try me.
          I have an old acquaintance who describes himself as "Jirish" - he's a 50/50 split Jewish & Irish, so I'm somewhat familiar with where that pairing leads...

Comment

Quoth Pagan View Post
            I had a co-worker once that said, "It's fine to talk to yourself. It's fine to answer yourself. It's when you're talking to yourself and you go 'Huh?' that you have a problem."
            I've been saying that for years.
            Not quite, That is MY saying.
            Both of you are wrong. I said it first.
            Life is too short to not eat popcorn.
            Save the Ales!
            Toys for Tots at Rooster's Cafe

Comment

Quoth Gerrinson View Post

Me: It sells out every time you get it and this is bad?
              Well yeah! Then the clerk has to job! Geez, what kind of a monster are you?
              Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

For all your Jewish dairy needs...call Cheeses of Nazareth
                The Copyright Monster has made me tell you that my avatar is courtesy of the wonderful Alice XZ.And you don't want to annoy the Copyright Monster.

Comment

^ That's one gouda pun.

Comment

Yep. An Edam fine one if you ask me...
                    The Copyright Monster has made me tell you that my avatar is courtesy of the wonderful Alice XZ.And you don't want to annoy the Copyright Monster.

Comment

Giving the deli guy the benefit of the doubt, he's probably dealing with company policies that look good in the home office and less so at the store level.

At a guess, either he's given a maximum order size and loses points for empty space on the shelves (so if something keeps selling out, replaces it with something that will still be on the shelf at inspection), or he has limited space for backstock.
                      That second one has it's own branches, as it could be him losing points for the empty slot or just that he is sick of dealing with people when he runs out. (And remember, the hypothesis is that he CAN'T order more, so the empty slot and frustrated customers are inevitable.

I have essentially the second issue at my job, as periodically I get criticism for the amount of space in the back room that is filled with cigars.
                      We sell $3000 in cigars a week, and we get them delivered twice a week, so between the sales shelves and the backstock we need about $4000 in cigars.
                      Fortunately, the person I answer to makes his money as a percentage of profits, so while he wishes the back room be less cluttered he knows that I make him money and lets me be.

Comment

Working...
                      X