This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well, Darn It

Well, we attempted to go to church but Son foiled us by choking on a butterscotch candy right after we sat down and getting it lodged in his throat. He could breathe but couldn't swallow so we had to take him to the ER. I didn't believe the doctor when he said it would dissolve but it did! I told Son there are far less dramatic and expensive ways to get out of going to church.

I confess I was disappointed when we walked into the ER. I heard the nurses mostly just play cards. But they were all working! I had my Pokemon decks in my bag and everything.But they were all too busy
    https://www.facebook.com/authorpatriciacorrell/

Heh. I spent most of the day in the ER with my mom. She fell and split her chin open; needed ten stitches...
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged.
    One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world.
    The other, of course, involves orcs." -- John Rogers

Comment

Quoth AnaKhouri View Post
      Well, we attempted to go to church but Son foiled us by choking on a butterscotch candy right after we sat down and getting it lodged in his throat. He could breathe but couldn't swallow so we had to take him to the ER. I didn't believe the doctor when he said it would dissolve but it did! I told Son there are far less dramatic and expensive ways to get out of going to church.

I confess I was disappointed when we walked into the ER. I heard the nurses mostly just play cards. But they were all working! I had my Pokemon decks in my bag and everything.But they were all too busy
      Glad to hear Son recovered quickly!

Ah, the nurses were just rushing around to make it look good.

Quoth Nunavut Pants View Post
      Heh. I spent most of the day in the ER with my mom. She fell and split her chin open; needed ten stitches...
      That's scary! I hope she's doing okay.
      Customer service: More efficient than a Dementor's kiss
      ~ Mr Hero

Comment

Boy, now why didn't I think of doing that as a kid?

Seriously, so happy your son is ok.
        "Life is tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid" Redd Foxx as Al Royal - The Royal Family - Pilot Episode - 1991.

Comment

My little bro, at about the age of five, choked on butterscotch candies twice in about a three day period. Refuses to eat them to this day. I seem to recall that my mother held him by his ankles and shook him. I have a better suggestion: Heimlich.

NP:
          Hope she has a speed recovery.
          Life is too short to not eat popcorn.
          Save the Ales!
          Toys for Tots at Rooster's Cafe

Comment

Working...
          X