This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Forcing children to watch the movie?
    "We were put on this Earth to fart around, and don't let anyone ever tell you otherwise." -Kurt Vonnegut

Comment

Oh my god. People like her give my religion a bad name.

Comment

Quoth Pagan View Post
        Urd - fate
        Verdandi - present
        Skuld - future (She's also a part-time Valkyrie)
        Huzzah! So, have I been shown up? Or proven right? *a bit confused*
        Also: The Norns were used to name the characters in Ah My Goddess, just in case you anime geeks didn't know. Urd and Skuld are obvious, but Verdandi had to be changed because of issues with the Japanese language (no r's, no v's, swapped for an L and a B, to become Belldandy)

And again, Huzzah!
        "I call murder on that!"

Comment

Quoth friendofjimmyk View Post
          Or the fact that Rizzo thought she was pregnant but she wasn't quite sure who the father was!

Good times for the entire family!
          What about the Sandra Dee song?

"Look at me, I'm Sandra Dee
          Lousy with virginity
          Won't go to bed
          Til I'm legally wed
          I can't, I'm Sandra Dee."

And I never watched the cartoon of Hercules, cuz I'm also a mythology buff and I wanted to keep my blood pressure down. I mean, Hera HATED Heracle's guts! She made his life difficult in every way, like she did with every one of her husband's bastard children. And Heracles was named by his mother, in an attempt to appease Hera; the name means "Glory of Hera". Heracles was given his labours for killing his wife and children, while under the influence of a fit of madness sent by Hera. The king he was doing the labours for was a coward and a total SC; he originally set 10 labours, but demanded that Heracles complete 2 more tasks cuz he said that he hadn't done 2 of them right.
          People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
          My DeviantArt.

Comment

Quoth Pagan View Post
            Norse - Norns (also tend Yggdrasil and weave the never-ending Destiny tapestries)
            Urd - fate
            Verdandi - present
            Skuld - future (She's also a part-time Valkyrie)
            What? I thought she was called Belldandy.

--Geek King, your ever-lovin' Anime fruitcake
            The Rich keep getting richer because they keep doing what it was that made them rich. Ditto the Poor.
            "Hy kan tell dey is schmot qvestions, dey is makink my head hurt."
            Hoc spatio locantur.

Comment

Quoth Geek King View Post
              What? I thought she was called Belldandy.
              *points up at previous post*
              "I call murder on that!"

Comment

I have had this one a few times at my store. Had some lady in ranting and raving when her husband wanted to reserve "Da Vinci Code". She said he could watch it but not to let thier son watch it because it would put ideas in his head, inside my head i was thinking god forbid the boy have an idea. She then went on a 10 minute rant about the movies she believed were evil, you know the usual Harry Potter and Lord of the Rings pretty much anything that had magic or fantasy in it. I had to smile as her husband rolled his eyes, then i handed her her movie and in my best happy place voice said "Yes fantasy is horrible. Heres your copy of Cars about talking vehicles that fall in love have a good night.
                How do I set a laser printer to stun?

Comment

Quoth Juwl View Post
                  *points up at previous post*
                  Ach! True enough Juwl, you beat me to the punch. I bow before your worthy knowledge of good anime.

--Geek King, who desperately hopes all records of the Dragonball universe after the origonal series will be lost. To skeet shooting.
                  The Rich keep getting richer because they keep doing what it was that made them rich. Ditto the Poor.
                  "Hy kan tell dey is schmot qvestions, dey is makink my head hurt."
                  Hoc spatio locantur.

Comment

Quoth Juwl View Post
                    Also: The Norns were used to name the characters in Ah My Goddess, just in case you anime geeks didn't know. Urd and Skuld are obvious, but Verdandi had to be changed because of issues with the Japanese language (no r's, no v's, swapped for an L and a B, to become Belldandy)
                    Does Peorth show up in this arrangement anywhere?

Comment

Quoth Geek King View Post
                      I bow before your worthy knowledge of good anime.
                      *blushes* No need to bow to me...
                      I used to be the Anime geek for the Chesterfield store, I scared the Nice AM with my knowledge of anime, and he'd ask me how much of it I'd seen... "Enough. But not this series..."
                      "Well, then, how do you know so much about the series?"
                      "I keep my eyes and ears open for info on anime series to look into."

Gurndigarn:
                      Yes, Peorth is indeed involved in Ah My Goddess. She is the duty coordinator for the goddesses. Basically, she is the mouthpiece for God (If I'm not mistaken, that's her position) She makes sure Heaven runs smoothly.
                      "I call murder on that!"

Comment

According to Wikipedia (actual source - Kerenyi, Carl (1959). The Heroes of the Greeks. ):

In Greek mythology, the Lernaean Hydra was an ancient nameless serpent-like chthonic water beast that possessed numerous heads— the poets mention more heads than the vase-painters could paint— and poisonous breath (Hyginus, 30). The Hydra of Lerna was killed by Heracles as one of his Twelve Labours. Its lair was the lake of Lerna in the Argolid, though archaeology has borne out the myth that the sacred site was older even than the Mycenaean city of Argos, for Lerna was the site of the myth of the Danaids. Beneath the waters was an entrance to the Underworld, and the Hydra was its guardian (Kerenyi 1959, p. 143).
                        Also a greek mythology buff
                        GK/Kara/Jester fangirl.

Comment

Okay, so I was partly right...The hydra definitely wasn't just outside Thebes.
                          "I call murder on that!"

Comment

nor were there two little boy-shaped demons clamoring for Heracles' help "Jeepers, mister, you are are STRONG!" *snicker*
                            GK/Kara/Jester fangirl.

Comment

Quoth Juwl View Post
                              Gurndigarn:
                              Yes, Peorth is indeed involved in Ah My Goddess. She is the duty coordinator for the goddesses. Basically, she is the mouthpiece for God (If I'm not mistaken, that's her position) She makes sure Heaven runs smoothly.
                              I think you misunderstood me. It's not OMG I was asking about (I've followed the series); it was the norse mythos, which I'm relatively lacking in.

Comment

Quoth Seshat View Post
                                What I did enjoy, from a storytelling perspective, was the Disney use of the Greek Chorus. Literally. The Muses were an excellent choice for the role, too.
                                And that's the gospel truuuuuuuttttthhhhhh!

Comment

Working...
                                X