X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Dilorenzo View Post
    Tea.
    Glad you found something that works for you. I didn't mention tea for the very simple reason that I don't drink tea, so didn't think of it, but yeah, if that works for you, go with it!

One friend was kinda happy, because she can't currently drink due to pregnancy, so she has someone to suffer through sobriety with her. I told her that's fine, but hers will eventually end, I'm still going to be drinking tea.
    One day at a time, my friend. And for the next few months, this friend can help you with that one day at a time thing. Look on the positive, not on the negative.

I also did consider the non-alcoholic beer, but... well, the taste isn't there. I prefer darker, fuller bodied stouts, rather than miller lite without the abv. Hence why I went with the tea.
    Understood. I personally find N/A beer repulsive, but didn't know what your thoughts on it were. So, yeah....tea it is!

Haven't had a single moment of "you're a pussy," but I'm expecting that one to come sooner or later. We'll see.
    There is a very polite response to that kind of commentary. Since I have no idea what it is, I would simply tell those people, "Fuck off, asshole. This is my life, not yours, and I'll do what I damn well please."

For the polite version, you're gonna have to ask someone else.

I think I may have overestimated what goes on with teas. There's so much it may end up driving me back to drinking.
    If you know what you like, just stick with it, and fuck all the varieties and choices. Don't let it drive you back to drinking if you feel that drinking is detrimental. Don't you dare.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
    Still A Customer."

Comment

I'm going to echo what Jester said. Find a tea you like, and stick with it. Do NOT let it drive you back to alcohol.

THAT being said, I'm more than happy to answer any questions you might have about anything pertaining to tea. I'm not an expert by any stretch of the imagination, but I'm fairly well versed in the different varieties, and I'm more than happy to help you. I've already lobbed some ideas to Kara to send to you. It CAN be intimidating, but I'll be glad to help out in anyway I can.

For now, though, I can't tell you how proud I am to know that you've recognized and are working to rectify the drinking issue. I come from a family rife with alcoholism, and I know the toll it can take on a person. PM me anytime you need anything, be it advice on tea, to rant/bitch/vent/whatever, or whatnot. Good luck, and keep up the good work. We're all pulling for you!

Comment

Well, I ordered a cup and infuser from Adagio, as well as a few samples that looked interesting. I figure I might do that for a while, then stick with what I likes. Gotta figure it out first, and be less impatient.

I have made more than one cup of tea (bag, regular) that I was impatient for and therefore was drinking warm brownish water.

Thanksgiving was interesting, as there was usually a few beers in there. On the plus side, being completely sober meant I won 4 out of 6 games of Monopoly Deal, so there is definetely something to this thing, besides health factors.

I've also managed to write (well, record) somewhere in the region of 30 minutes of standup material. It needs to be worked on and paired down, and somehow I need to make some of it 3 minutes for open mic nights, but it's a lot easier to do when I have a full week at my disposal. Basically, I need to tighten up the graphics on the last level.

Still, two weekends sober now. If it hadn't been for the support of my friends, family, and you guys, I can honestly say this would have been a whole hell of a lot harder.

(Funny thing though - Kara asked if she shouldn't talk about drinking, or if having a drink is not something I want to hear about. I'm not going to be one of those sober people who inflict my sobriety on others.)

Comment

Glad to see you are doing well with this so far. *hugs*
          I am so SO glad I was not present for this. There would have been an unpleasant duct tape incident. - Joi

Comment

Hopefully the Adagio works out for you. If not, again feel free to PM me, and I can usually help people figure out what teas they'll like by talking to them re: likes and dislikes.

Yes, the steeping time can be obnoxious if you're thirsty and watching it. I usually just set a timer and wander off, go online, channel surf, annoy the cats, etc. Timer beeps, I go back into the kitchen and tea goodness!

Congrats on getting through Thanksgiving. Holidays are ROUGH. They're going to be rough, but we have faith in you.

Offer stands, for tea, for ranting, etc. I'm a PM away, just let me know.

Comment

I too am open for ranting, PM, advice, whatever.

Of course, for any advice on tea, I would be completely and utterly useless, as we all know my knowledge and expertise lies....elsewhere.

But at least I can offer support, if not tea guidance!

Still A Customer."

Comment

Thanks, Lupo, Jester. I may take you both up on the offer, and maybe soon. Today is looking Not Good. Just... blargh.

On a lighter note, I did get my tea infuser and samples yesterday, but as I went to the cinema to see Skyfall, I didn't get a chance to break them out. One thing in it made me laugh, though.

They included a $100 gift certificate to some online wine store.

Comment

They included a $100 gift certificate to some online wine store.
                  This is funny, but also an opportunity. Find someone who has a comparable gift certificate to an online tea store/club, and who would rather have wine, and everyone wins.

Now, I only wish I had a gift certificate to an online tea store......

Still A Customer."

Comment

Yay! I'm glad you've made it!

I love herbal tea. So much neat stuff.
                    1129. I will refrain from casting Dimension Jump and Magnificent Mansion on every police box we pass.
                    -----
                    http://orchidcolors.livejournal.com (A blog about everything and nothing)

Comment

Working...
                    X