Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

*hugs* you are NOT a failure and you need to start respecting yourself more. I'm more of a failure than you right now and I admire you for the sh*t you put up with from the people around you.

Please remember that we do respect you over here and if I could be nearer to you and closer to you I would try to help you more. *hugs*

And your parents and your husband all suck btw.
    I am so SO glad I was not present for this. There would have been an unpleasant duct tape incident. - Joi

Comment

Depression lies and SAD is an asshole.

Approach this is a business problem, not a personal problem. This isn't the greatest year for the US economy as some have noted. Perhaps you should refocus to an online presence, cast a wider net ( eBay? Amazon? Perhaps even your own website and use an off site storefront for transactions ), save yourself the money you're spending on renting retail space at shows.

Perhaps focus your works a bit more on pop culture and nerdy things. A $5 potholder might be a hard sell. A $5 Derpy potholder on the other hand. If you get the right thing into the hands of the right people on the Internet, the word of mouth will do the rest.

Case in point, the Knight Hoodie from a few months ago brought Etsy down with the demand.

Comment

Quoth Gravekeeper View Post
        Depression lies and SAD is an asshole.
        I need to tattoo this on the inside of my eyelids. +1!
        I am so SO glad I was not present for this. There would have been an unpleasant duct tape incident. - Joi

Comment

*hugs Kanalah* <3 <3
          1129. I will refrain from casting Dimension Jump and Magnificent Mansion on every police box we pass.
          -----
          http://orchidcolors.livejournal.com (A blog about everything and nothing)

Comment

I do a lot of pop-culture quilts and things that other people just don't do. I had a Derpy Quilt - sold it, but I got a lot of complaints about how much it cost -_-. I have a trollface quilt, and I do animal portraits on quilts. I even have a quilt with freehand drawn dinosaurs on it.

I do payment plans, which most other quilters don't. I'm not like a used car salesman or anything, I try to be as low pressure as possible.
            https://purplefish-quilting.square.site/

Comment

Working...
            X