This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ARGH! Need to vent!

At least a couple times a month, when I go and open the door to the shop in the morning, most of the time well before we are actually open for business, some idiot walks in RIGHT BEHIND ME--one guy scared the crap out of me because I didn't hear him behind me as I was walking to the alarm pad to disable it.

The shop is COMPLETELY dark and they just walk over to the humidor and start picking stuff out. I don't flip the 'open' sign around until I have the register up and running.

I ask them if I can help them which I try not to be rude in asking. Then the guy looks around -STILL IN COMPLETE DARKNESS- "Oh are you open yet?"

EPIC FACEPALM!

WTF????? I swear this general public is getting dumber and dumber and the guys that walk in are like 50's & up!!!

Seriously, what kind of GROWN MAN with any common sense walks in RIGHT BEHIND A LONE FEMALE into a DARK shop which she just unlocked the door to and then acts surprised when he doesn't get a warm welcome that would normally come if the LIGHTS WERE FRIGGIN' ON??????

A couple of them were lucky I didn't pull my husband's Kimber .45 out from behind the counter.

Ok I am done now.

"We go through our careers and things happen to us. Those experiences made me what I am."-Thomas Keller

No, you had every right to be scared, and angry.
    Customers should always be served . . . to the nearest great white.

Comment

People are self-absorbed. All they know is that you're opening the door, thus, you must be open.

I would suggest you keep a better awareness of your surroundings. So far, you've only got idiots infringing on your space, but if it gets noticed that you don't pay attention to who is close by when you unlock the door, someone less savory might try that same trick.

^-.-^
      Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Working...
      X