This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm trying to be good

Really trying, but my co-workers aren't helping.

I'm bi, and most of the people I work with know this, and completely accept me. However they do tease me about it just to see my face turn very, very red.

Most of the time the cause of red face-ness are accidents that they go off with. Like this Saturday. We were out of the two-way radios we must wear to communicate with each other.
    I had a customer ask a question I knew the answer to but she wanted to hear from a manager. So I flagged down one of the newbies with a walkie and asked her to rely the question and answer.
    She thought it would be easier to stand very close to me and have me talk into her mic, which is pinned to her shirt.

So there I am leaning into her chest, which she kindly pushed out towards me,and she placed her arm around me to support me, and all I can think is "Don't motor boat the 19 year old"

I'm fairly certain my message came out garbled and confusing, cause all the blood had left my brain and rushed to my cheeks .

Another co-work witnessed this encounter and later we had this convo.

CW2: Soooo, what was that

Me: I-I-I-I don't know, I think I blacked out for a moment.

CW2: It sounded like it. Does she know you're?

Me: No! She just started 3 weeks ago. What, you think I go around to all the new hire and introduce myself as Word the lessie?

CW2 : That would be awesome if you did

Me: Stop laughing.

CW2: She does know she was....

Me: Baiting the vag-etarian? No she doesn't and you're not going to tell her. Save her the embarrassment. If she stays past the holidays she'll figure it out.

At least one of the guys has stopped vag blocking me when I try to pick up some of the customers.
    Is it insanity to reason with the voices in your head or to ignore them and hope they go away on their own? - Hod from Brat-halla

"You're the nicest evil person I know" one of my managers to me

Quoth worddork View Post
    introduce myself as Word the lessie?
    Business cards. Do eeeet.

Comment

Quoth Dilorenzo View Post
      Business cards. Do eeeet.
      That might not go over to well with the Christian schools I'm trying to get hired at
      Is it insanity to reason with the voices in your head or to ignore them and hope they go away on their own? - Hod from Brat-halla

Comment

Quoth worddork View Post
        and all I can think is "Don't motor boat the 19 year old"
        What's the problem? 19 is legal.

Quoth worddork View Post
        That might not go over to well with the Christian schools I'm trying to get hired at
        Yeah, don't motor boat the 19 year old.
        Life is too short to not eat popcorn.
        Save the Ales!
        Toys for Tots at Rooster's Cafe

Comment

Quoth csquared View Post
          What's the problem? 19 is legal.
          I'm 31, just a bit too old for my comfort

Quoth csquared
          Yeah, don't motor boat the 19 year old.
          see above

Comment

maybe she wanted you to motorboat her....
            Lister: This is Crazy. Why are we talking about going to bed with Wilma Flintstone?
            Cat: You're right. We're Nuts! This is an insane conversation....
            Lister: She'll never leave Fred and we know it.

Comment

Quoth DaDairyDruid View Post
              maybe she wanted you to motorboat her....
              If it weren't for the fact that we were up at the front register, in full view of customers and other co-worker, I may well have motor boated her.

Then I would have found directions to "Special Hell" for doing so. I have t-shirts older than her.

Comment

while it is very likely that someone in the store "baited" her to do it simply to have you turn bright red, the fact that she was flirting with you either because she thinks you are attractive or just someone who flirts with "everyone" cannot be ignored.
                Lister: This is Crazy. Why are we talking about going to bed with Wilma Flintstone?

Comment

DDD I don't think she flirts with everyone, she's kind of quiet.

I also don't believe anyone would set her up to do something like that. They like to set me up themselves. Unexpected hugs, slapped assess, hanging onto me so I can't leave when my shift is over, all of this from the girls who are married of in committed relationships.

Hell, when one of the girls was drunk at karaoke bar we frequent, she tried to remove my bra, through my shirt, while we were on stage.

Comment

all I am sayin' is that there is nothing wrong with getting your cougar on.

and I'll shut up now.

Comment

Quoth DaDairyDruid View Post
                      all I am sayin' is that there is nothing wrong with getting your cougar on.
                      But, but I don't want to be a cougar

I'm too young to be a cougar

Comment

That's it, I'm restricting the data and password protecting the computers. What have I said about behaving? Bad DairyDruid!

Do you see what I have to put up with?
                        Random conversation:
                        Me: Okay..so I think I get why Zoro wears a bandana
                        DDD: Cuz it's cool

So, by using the Doctor's reasoning, bow ties, fezzes and bandanas are cool.

Comment

Quoth worddork View Post
                          But, but I don't want to be a cougar

I'm too young to be a cougar
                          30 something. Isn't that a Bobcat? I can't keep track of those things.

As I am pressing 50, that just makes me a dirty old man.

Then again, if I was a millionaire & magazine owner...
                          Life is too short to not eat popcorn.
                          Save the Ales!
                          Toys for Tots at Rooster's Cafe

Comment

vag-etarian

I've never heard that phrase before but I think there's a couple of gals on the derby team that would love it.

Comment

Quoth csquared View Post
                              that just makes me a dirty old man.
                              Then again, if I was a millionaire & magazine owner...
                              ...you'd still be a dirty old man, just a more successful one?

(And to heck with the women, I just wanna emulate his business attire.)

Comment

Working...
                              X