This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do. NOT. Threaten. My. Kittens

Sorry Mods. If breaking rules, please let me know and remove, or have me remove.

But the roommate I mentioned...A...sunk a new low.

As I mentioned in last post, we had to talk to A about how I couldn't afford to stay in Jan after all.

I also forgot to mention, probably, that I have a momma kitty and her two 3.5 month old kittens. Sisters.

While I'm gone in Japan, the momma is staying with a friend, but A was supposed to help with the kittens since he supposedly doted on them.

Well, T let me know that A didn't feel responsible enough to watch them while gone. Fair enough, I agreed and was looking for a cat sitter.

Well, after I told A today I couldn't pay for January, he flipped. Told me he WASN'T going to take care of the kittens. I said fair enough, I knew. Then he started to raise his voice even louder, and threatened to have his friend from Bakersfield come by and pick them up and take them.

I said if he wanted to get in trouble with illegally taking animals, a theft, if I recall, that is on him.

Then he threatened to abandon them in the middle of a very busy street near the apartments.

Oh hellll no.

And this punk ass wonders why no one wants to give him more chances.

I'm still looking for help, but that's fine. If he's angry about the last minute change, yeah, I can understand that, but due to my hours getting cut, and paying for phone, cat sitter, then the deposit, pet deposit and first month of rent when I move in the new place, I really can't afford to stay here for just a couple of weeks and pay for whole month rent. (my share here is more than my share will be at the new place...)

So sure, be mad about that, but do not threaten to abandon/hurt MY pets because your fucking horrid ass is angry at ME, a human being.

Can I have two minutes alone with him and a heavy stick? Please?
    When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Me'thinks it might be time for you to call in Jester...
      "Bring me knitting!" (The Doctor - not the one you were expecting)

Comment

I think there will be a long line of people who want to beat this jerk. You do not threaten the kittens. EVAR! If you weren't so far and our landlord allowed more than two pets, I think DaDairyDruid and I would offer taking them in temporarily. I'm certain that they'd give our cats a run for their money and they could use some new faces to play with.
        Random conversation:
        Me: Okay..so I think I get why Zoro wears a bandana
        DDD: Cuz it's cool

So, by using the Doctor's reasoning, bow ties, fezzes and bandanas are cool.

Comment

Anyone got a bat?

Comment

Someone threatening kittens?

We'll see about that...
            PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

I may have "accidentally" told a few peeps that me and A are mutually friends with.

Hm. I think his sudden discredit among them is going to be confusing at first.

And oooh, is Jester a huge cat person?

Comment

Quoth Kaycichu View Post

And oooh, is Jester a huge cat person?
                I'm not so sure that Jester is as much a cat person, as he is an anti-numbnutted, fuckwitted, worthless piece of shit person.

Mike
                Meow.........

Comment

I actually flipped out on some drunk asshole at the bar a few weeks ago, just for saying terrible things about cats. The thing about me is, I don't deal well with confrontation, so I usually try to avoid it. For me to actually get confrontational is bad, because it means that you've pissed me off to the point where I don't care what happens, and it takes a lot to get me that way.

A little background -- over the last few years, I've had several cats die on me over the last few years, and now I have another one that's not doing so well. I was making small talk with some drunk at the bar. I have no problem doing this as long as they're nice, and he seemed OK at first. Somehow, we got to talking about pets, and I mentioned cats. Then the jackass went into a rant, "Oh I hate cats! Every time I see one, I just want to grab it by the tail and..."

I didn't even let him finish. I told him, "Stop right there! I don't want to hear this shit! I have cats, and one of mine is really sick, and I don't know if he's going to make it! If you don't like cats, fine! But keep that shit to yourself!"

I've dealt with drunks enough to know that when you confront them like that, one of two things happen -- either they back down and apologize, or they escalate things and become combatative. At that point, I didn't care, and I would have tried to kick his ass, even though I haven't been in a fight since high school. Luckily for him -- and probably for me too -- he apologized.
                  Sometimes life is altered.
                  Break from the ropes your hands are tied.
                  Uneasy with confrontation.
                  Won't turn out right. Can't turn out right

Comment

Coming from someone who has raised baby kitties herself, this.... this is just... I just think, what the fuck did they to do you to deserve a fate like that? Anyway, good luck finding a sitter. I'd love to myself, but I think there might be some problems with that...
                    Some people just need a high five...

In the face with the back of a chair....

Comment

Aah heeeelll noooo!! Where's the line, I want a whack at this dumbass!

Comment

If anyone hurts my cat in any way, I'd be on death row for murder -- hell, I'll turn myself in and give a damn good reason for commiting such a crime. And I want a place in line if anyone wishes to save me a place.
                        Eh, one day I'll have something useful here. Until then, have a cookie or two.

Comment

UPDATE:
                          Asshole apologized but still made it clear if I left kittens with him, they WILL be gone. (As if he has that right...)
                          Oh but he still calls them *His* cats to friends. I won't forgive that however.
                          You can't say fucked up shit like that and expect an apology makes you DESERVE forgiveness

However, no worries on cat sitter now. The one who is taking in mama kitty can now take the babies. And that person is also in line. ;]

But yeah, less stress there.

Comment

I'm so happy to hear that Kay.

Comment

Yay for kitties-safe.

Let us know when they're ready for forever-homes.

I can't take them - not just because I can't afford them, but because I won't put them through the rabies-quarantine that they'd have to go through to enter Australia.

But we have a lot of good people here.
                              Seshat's self-help guide:
                              1. Would you rather be right, or get the result you want?
                              2. If you're consistently getting results you don't want, change what you do.
                              3. Deal with the situation you have now, however it occurred.
                              4. Accept the consequences of your decisions.

"All I want is a pretty girl, a decent meal, and the right to shoot lightning at fools." - Anders, Dragon Age.

Comment

Working...
                              X