This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Too soon to process this

So, you know my mom passed away back in October. My parents had been married for 57 years.

My dad got C. diff visiting her in the hospital and had to go into a nursing home after his stint in the hospital. Because of that and his ongoing balance problems and early stage dementia, it was decided he couldn't go home without 24 hour nursing care, which we couldn't afford. My sister JA was working on getting him over to their house where there were 3 adults who could take care of him.

Unfortunately, he basically gave up. JA, my niece and I went to see him on Thanksgiving and he barely spoke to us, he just really wasn't all there. The next time I saw him that weekend, he spoke a little, but mostly lay there.

Tuesday he was taken to the hospital because he refused to eat. When JA and her partner K got to the hospital, he was able to indicate he wanted to go into hospice, which happened last night.

At the same hospital, the same room, the same bed my mom died in.

Dad passed away this afternoon. It was definitely broken heart syndrome, even if they can't write that on the death certificate.
    "If you pray very hard, you can become a cat person." -Angela, "The Office"

Its sad, and I'm sorry for your loss. Its so hard for both to happen so soon.

But, whether or not one believes, I believe he is with his love again. May they both rest in peace.

Comment

I'm so sorry. So close together! I believe you are right about the broken heart. But he isn't hurting anymore. I wish you peace as well.
      When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

I'm sorry for your loss. Stay strong.

Comment

That is a major cause of death and honestly should be able to be put on the certificate. I'm sorry for your loss and hope the pain won't be that bad.

Comment

*hugs*. So sorry to hear that, especially with it being so close to your Mum.
            I am so SO glad I was not present for this. There would have been an unpleasant duct tape incident. - Joi

Comment

<hugs> I'm so sorry to hear about this, my deepest sympathies to you and your family. I will be keeping you in my prayers.
              By popular request....I am now officially the Enemy of Normalcy.

"What is unobtainium? To Seraph, it's a normal client. :P" -- Observant Friend

Comment

My condolences. Vent if you have to.

Rapscallion

Comment

I am so sorry. I have been in the same situation with my Grandparents. They were married 62 years and Grandpa had grieved himself to death five weeks after Grandma died

Comment

You have my deepest sympathies.
                    Life is too short to not eat popcorn.
                    Save the Ales!
                    Toys for Tots at Rooster's Cafe

Comment

My condolences to you. I keep expecting to get that call regarding my grandmother. She's been wanting to die since my Dad passed 3 1/2 years ago, but she keeps going on. Just a few weeks ago, she fell & broke her hip, which we thought would be the end, but she made it through surgery, and is now in a nursing home/rehab facility, but she's slowly realizing she won't be living at home again (she's nearly 95). On top of all that, she's been dealing with breast cancer, but has refused any treatment. She's ready to go. My grandfather died before I was born, and my dad was her only child. She's ready to go, but the body just won't give up.

Don't intend this as a thread hijack. Know you & your family are in my thoughts & prayers.
                      That is so full of suck Dyson doesn't know how they did it - shankyknitter

Comment

I'm so sorry, Draper Mel. You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers.
                        "If your day is filled with firefighting, you need to start taking the matches away from the toddlers…” - HM

Comment

I'm so sorry for your loss. /hugs

Comment

yes I have songs for everything.

don't listen to it without kleenex nearby.
                            Honestly.... the image of that in my head made me go "AWESOME!"..... and then I remembered I am terribly strange.-Red dazes

Comment

Condolences on your losses, Mel...

Mike
                              Meow.........

Comment

Working...
                              X