X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post
    Like Otto to Stoner's Pot Palace.
    Or Bart, Milhouse, and Nelson to Naked Lunch.

Comment

ok, thank you!

My next question is I have REALLY sensitive ears, am extremely hard of hearing in one hear (not deaf just have harder time hearing in that ear), and most ear buds and head phones irratate my ears...

with this picky list...are there any decent ear phones out there?
      It is by snark alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the juice of the coffee bean that thoughts acquire 'tude, the lips acquire mouthiness, the glares become a warning.

Comment

I really love my Bose QC2 headset. Just last week I was checking out the QC15. They are even better.

By eliminating the background noise, you can set the volume lower and still hear everything clearly.

Bose has great customer service. About 8 years ago, they had a quality problem with part of the plastic frame. After 2 years, mine cracked. They replaced them (three year warranty). Two years later, the new ones cracked. They replaced them again. That was a year out of warranty. The third pair has held up very well.

The down side is that they will set you back about $300.00.
        Life is too short to not eat popcorn.
        Save the Ales!
        Toys for Tots at Rooster's Cafe

Comment

well I looked it all over....all my books come close to 6gbs (yes I have to many).

do they make microSD converter cards? I only have a normal card reader from my digital camera.
          It is by snark alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the juice of the coffee bean that thoughts acquire 'tude, the lips acquire mouthiness, the glares become a warning.

Comment

Yes, they do make adapters to turn Micro SDHC cards into full-size. I bought a NexxTech (house brand at The Source by Circuit City in Canada - check Radio Shack in the U.S.) 16 GB card that came with an adapter (no part number on package, but UPC is 7 41235 16314 5), have seen other brands that came with them too. One nice feature on my adapter (never used it) is a "lock" switch (presumably write-protect).

Micro SDHC is pretty much the standard for cell phone memory cards (don't know about iPhone, but Blackberry and Android both use it), so a cellphone place would be a good place to look. Adapters may or may not be sold separately - look for a package deal with the card and adapter.
            Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

A good micro card will come with the adapter like wolfie said, however, you shouldn't need one. When the card is in the device, your computer should simply see the device as one hard drive, that you can simply drop stuff into, no worries about expansion memory or not.

as for head sets...

There I'm no help. I'm a firm believer in not spending more than $30 for a pair of head phones of any sort (and that's only for my gaming head set, portable ones I cap at $20), I have never seen a large enough difference in high end ones to make it worth while to shell out all of the extra money, nor have I seen a pair that are actually all that durable, and dropping $60+ on something I will wreck in a couple years doesn't float for me.

Anything that is portable will likely be uncomfortable, baring you getting very lucky and finding something that just happens to fit you (I say lucky, because you aren't going to get to try them on :P). If you do find a pair you like, go back and buy 2-3 more pairs, because by the time you need a new set, they wont be available any more :P

The not so portable ones tend to be more comfortable, but are, well, large and clunky :P

Yes, I'm bitter about headphones. Yes, it's silly :P

Comment

Working...
              X