This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beercation III: My Backyard

So as many of you know, my first two Beercations were in Fort Lauderdale, with Beercation I being their Beerfest, and Beercation II being our own beer festival we created, which was even better, because the idiots running Beerfest changed the date of it that year more times than Lindsay Lohan changes parole officers.

So for the longest time I've been saying that Beercation III would be in the Tampa area, including a tour of a brewery (probably Cigar City) and other frivolities, all centered around the greatness that is my favorite beverage.

Well, Tampa will have to wait for Beercation IV. Because Key West's third annual Brewfest is coming up in a month, and it looks like they are totally kicking out the jams, with Beer School, Beer Seminars, Beer Dinners (3 or 4 of them!), a Beer Brunch, even a Beer Breakfast, etc. The schedule of events is rather impressive, actually.

So I thought, "Ya know what? I've never taken a staycation...this would be PERFECT!" So I put in the request for those days off from work, and am going to have myself a great little vacation on this little rock I call home, and enjoy the hell out of myself, as I learn even more about (and consume more of) my favorite libation.

Having never taken a staycation, I am getting rather excited about this. I mean, think about it:
    Cost for hotel room: $0.
    Cost for airplane ticket: $0.
    Cost for gas to drive there: $0.
    Cost for rental car: $0.

No waiting in airports, no worrying about luggage or overhead bins or strip searches (unless I'm lucky), no dealing with cramped airplane seats or early checkout times.

Several of my friends here are interested in doing various parts of this with me, including my usual Beer Partner in Crime, Little Red. And my friend Pilot, who is going through a nasty divorce and custody battle up North, may even come down to KW to join me in this. And even HE won't have any lodging costs, because my friend Popcorn will be out of town for several weeks around that time, and has agreed to let Pilot stay at his apartment and use his bicycle. And even if Pilot doesn't come down, *I* will use the apartment, since Popcorn lives far closer to downtown than I do, and it will make getting around by bicycle or foot (no driving!) much easier for me. Though of course I would have to pack a very small bag.

I am so very stoked.....and right after Beercation III, football season starts! Oh, this is going to be FUN!

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
    Still A Customer."

Heh, I took a staycation once when I was working at the wholesale club. I was coming up on the "use it or lose it" date, and I had like a week of leave saved up. So I just requested the week off. This was in April or May.

Coworkers kept asking where I was going, and I told them, "Nowhere. Just staying home." They didn't get it.

Them: "The point of a vacation is you go away somewhere!"
    J2K: "No, the point of a vacation is you don't go to work."
    PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

Working...
    X