This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Woes of the EA Cash Card.

<bg>I live in Canada (this is important!), and I play The Sims. I've been playing this franchise since early 2000's. Ever since The Sims 2 came, they launched an online store where you need Simpoints to buy stuff. I've had my eye on a man-eating Cow Plant and a book of spells, but I needed Simpoints to buy them.</bg>

Since I'm not allowed to shop online, I've been hunting down Simpoint gift cards like crazy. I looked online and in stores, and found nothing. Then I discovered the EA Cash Card. I've hoped against hopes that this would be available in a store near me. No such luck.

I've even looked online and in stores for that card. None of the stores in Canada seem to stock it, though the States have plenty in stock.

I've asked people where I could find the EA Cash Card or other game cards. Some pointed me to the gift card section, (where I could find none), others don't know what it is (can't blame them). However, two of them were quite helpful.

The man at the 7-Eleven actually helped me look for the cards, but we couldn't find any. The woman was even more helpful. She told me outright that she could not find it. She even looked into other stores, just to let gamers know where to go, but couldn't find any.

I told her that I thought that this card is probably only available in the States, and I suspect that this is true.

Any thoughts?
    cindybubbles (👧 ❤️ 🎂 )

Enter Cindyland here!

http://www.ea.com/1/game-cards
    According to their link they're in the US, but I don't see any info for Canada.

Still here's the list of stores:
    Blockbuster, Target, Toys R Us, Bestbuy, Walmart, Gamestop 7-11, Safeway

Oh and I forgot to mention this but at the bottom of the page is their contact links, including forums, FB, YT, and Twitter

perhaps they can answer back on when the cards will be made available outside the US?
    Last edited by PepperElf; 07-23-2012, 04:42 PM.

Comment

the only thing I can think of is find someone (either in here or possibly through another medium ) that lives in the states that you trust implicitly that would be willing to buy said card for you if you were to wire the cash to them via paypal (then they send you the card number/pin/whatever it has.)
      Violets are blue,
      Roses are red,
      I bequeath to thee...
      A boot to the head >_>

Comment

Quoth Kagato View Post
        the only thing I can think of is find someone (either in here or possibly through another medium ) that lives in the states that you trust implicitly that would be willing to buy said card for you if you were to wire the cash to them via paypal (then they send you the card number/pin/whatever it has.)
        I did better than that. I paid cash to my sister, who shops online, and she bought the Simpoints for me directly on the Sims 3 store website.
        cindybubbles (👧 ❤️ 🎂 )

Enter Cindyland here!

Comment

Working...
        X