Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I loved that Paul McCartney - who's been on huge stages everywhere, one of the most famous rock stars ever - seemed like he was just a little bit in awe at playing the opening ceremonies. It's kind of like seeing all of the athletes as they march in - so many of them have this look of wonder on their faces that they're a part of this huge moment.

Rowan Atkinson was funny, but that part didn't quite land with me. The tone just seemed a bit off.

I did like the torch lighting, especially the torch bearers. Normally the torch bearers are a tribute to the past, but since the whole rest of the ceremony was that, I think the concept was completed with a nod to the future as well.

Comment

Quoth phoenixv07 View Post
      Normally the torch bearers are a tribute to the past, but since the whole rest of the ceremony was that, I think the concept was completed with a nod to the future as well.
      The torch bearers at one point had contact with the older generation who had nominated the younger generation to carry the torch. I thought that was amazing.

Comment

I loved the opening ceremony, and felt Britain did a fantastic job. The Queen's entrance, the rings being forged, all of it, but I think what they did with the Olympic flag was the best. Normally, the host country has athletes carry the flag, but this time they had human rights people carry it, with emphasis on children and poverty workers, which I thought was fantastic.

The lighting the torch was great as well, and I liked the whole passing on to the next generation theme.

Rowan Atkinson was DIVINE! I love him anyway. Paul McCartney was also great, and I liked how he got choked up at the beginning of Hey Jude.

The Brits pulled it off and did a great job, can't wait to see the closing ceremony. Kudos to Danny Boyle for a fantastic job with great music and effect!
        Remember, stressed spelled backwards is desserts.

Comment

I tried to watch stuff at NBC.com, but it's all behind a paywall. If you don't subscribe to some sort of TV service, you're SOL.

^-.-^
          Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Maybe BBC One then? There's got to be somebody.
            My NaNo page

My author blog

Comment

Working...
            X