This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tech Angel... dumbfounded

I walk into work this morning, and before I even was able to sit my stuff down, Bossman needs me to go nab a computer. Apparently there was water damage, and he wants me to call Dell and see if we have any kind of protection plan that would cover it.

"What happened??" I asked, since it was a staff computer, and staff computers and water damage doesn't quite compute.

Apparently, one of the frats had an initiation thing in the meeting room above the staff members desk. They had turned the AC down to 50F and forgot to turn it back up. The unit froze, fried and died, and then thawed. All the water went cascading down onto the staff member's desk. The drop celing panels above her desk crashed and died, and brown murky water was everywhere.

I nabbed her computer, and brought it over.

The only fatality was the keyboard. Not a drop of water had made it into the case or into the monitor (TGF flat screens!)

My guess is that a cabinet above her computer deflected the worst of the water. The top of her case was covered with dried water stains, but nothing made it into the case.

I'm shocked.

Jenni
    SC: “Yeah, Bob’s Company. I'm Bob. It's my company.” - GK
    SuperHotelWorker made my Avi!!

Lucky...Very lucky
    "I reject your reality and substitute my own"....Adam Savage-Mythbuster

Must remember to stop using "brain of death" on slower morons.... I meant customers.

Comment

It really only hurts if power is running through when water hits. Keyboard should still be savagable if you care to do that. (It's just switches and led lights) I used to take em part and wash em out and let'em dry for a few days. Then put'em back together. College keyboards are probably the most nastiest, dirty keyboards around.

But very lucky indeed.
      I've lost my mind ages ago. If you find it, please hide it.

Comment

Quoth LostMyMind View Post
        It really only hurts if power is running through when water hits. Keyboard should still be savagable if you care to do that. (It's just switches and led lights) I used to take em part and wash em out and let'em dry for a few days. Then put'em back together. College keyboards are probably the most nastiest, dirty keyboards around.

But very lucky indeed.
        Ah yes, knuckle children abound in the library on the campus here.

Comment

Awww...Tria beat me to it...BAD Tria!!...Bad!!...Bad!! Go lay down!!

j/k
          "I reject your reality and substitute my own"....Adam Savage-Mythbuster

Must remember to stop using "brain of death" on slower morons.... I meant customers.

Comment

Quoth Tria View Post
            Ah yes, knuckle children abound in the library on the campus here.
            Why do I think Knuckle Children is going to stay in use here for a long, long time?
            ...WHY DO YOU TEMPT WHAT LITTLE FAITH IN HUMANITY I HAVE!?! -- Kalga
            And I want a pony for Christmas but neither of us is getting what we want OK! What you are asking is impossible. -- Wicked Lexi

Comment

You just had to edit your post!!

I was soooo going to make fun of Daddy Raps!!!

Jenni
              SC: “Yeah, Bob’s Company. I'm Bob. It's my company.” - GK
              SuperHotelWorker made my Avi!!

Comment

Sorry!

For everyone else: I was going to say Knuckle Children was going to stick around like Rule #1. Go ahead and let fly Tech.Angel
                ...WHY DO YOU TEMPT WHAT LITTLE FAITH IN HUMANITY I HAVE!?! -- Kalga
                And I want a pony for Christmas but neither of us is getting what we want OK! What you are asking is impossible. -- Wicked Lexi

Comment

Working...
                X