Go Back   Customers Suck! > Site News > Site News

Closed Thread

Old 05-10-2009, 05:51 AM
Girl Thursday

The way I understand it is that if it's a new idea, just post to Fratching (as Ree said).

If it's something that comes up in a post and you realize your response is more Fratching than CS, then you're allowed to say that your response is up at Fratching (or that there's a thread for it at Fratching), and include a link, but you're not allowed to include Fratching-worthy statements at CS itself.

Basically, you can say, "My thoughts on the subject are over here (linked) at Fratching" and leave it at that. You're allowed to say that you've posted there, but not the actual content of said post.

I'm sure someone will come along and correct me if I've got it wrong.

^-.-^

Old 05-10-2009, 07:07 AM
Just some guy

Quote:
Quoth Jack Doe View Post
eg, if I wanted to start a thread on reciept checks, is there a procedure on CS to advise others about the Fratching thread?
Receipt checks? Can't see why those would be contentious. It's when the thread degenerates into constitutional amendments and arguing about those that it becomes Fratching material. The point I'm making is that we've had a number of people typing something along the lines of, "This is something that should be over at Fratching, but I'll say it here anyway, and since I've mentioned Fratching that means I'm immune from the consequences of my actions."

Rapscallion

Old 05-10-2009, 10:57 AM
Girl Thursday

Quote:
Quoth Rapscallion View Post
Receipt checks? Can't see why those would be contentious.
By receipt checks, I think Jack is referring to when they check your receipt against what's in your cart/bags, which can devolve into exactly the sort of thing you're trying to keep off of CS.

^-.-^

Old 05-10-2009, 11:02 AM
Just some guy

That's pretty much what I said. Receipt checks are fine - part of the working day, and thus the meat and drink of SC reports etc.

It's when the thread starts going down to the level of 'Because of politician X I can't do so and so' or 'Because of this gubmint rule' that we start having trouble.

Rapscallion

Old 05-10-2009, 11:24 PM
Jack of all trades

Quote:
Quoth Rapscallion View Post
It's when the thread starts going down to the level of 'Because of politician X I can't do so and so' or 'Because of this gubmint rule' that we start having trouble.
Actually Raps, that's exactly what I mean. Not necessarily the day to day grind of "Oh, I had someone jump my stuff about receipt checks" but instead "Why I jumped someone's ass about receipt checks, here's the legal."

So, to recap, starting a thread about item XYZ specifically to point to it in Fratching is verboten, but PM'ing individuals to invite them is allowed. Dropping a phrase such as "I think XYZ is stupid because of ABC, but that's Fratching territory" is verboten, but saying "I think XYZ should be discussed in Fratching" and starting a thread there is allowed. Yes?

Old 05-11-2009, 01:17 PM
Elective

i can't remember if i saw this posted somewhere here but... "if you have to ask if it should be at Fratching or CS, it probably belongs at Fratching"

Old 05-11-2009, 01:52 PM
Senior Stuff Do'er

I believe it is Boozy's signature to which you refer:

Quote:
If you have to ask, it's probably better posted at www.fratching.com

Old 05-11-2009, 03:11 PM
Cosmetic Brain Surgeon

Quote:
Quoth iradney View Post
I believe it is Boozy's signature to which you refer:

Quote:
If you have to ask, it's probably better posted at www.fratching.com
That sums it up nicely.

And look!

There's even a handly link!

The stupid is strong with this one.

Old 07-15-2011, 04:30 PM
Cosmetic Brain Surgeon

I'm bumping this up. We're seeing a lot of posts where people make a statement that belongs on fratching but preface it with a disclaimer such as...

"Please don't take this to fratching."

or

"I don't want this to go to fratching, but..."

Making a disclaimer doesn't give you free reign to post your opinion on a controversial topic and then basically tell the rest of the membership they're not allowed to argue back with you.

That needs to stop. If you think your statement is going to invite debate, then please make it over on fratching or keep it to yourself.

There is one exception. If an OP knows that a sucky customer's views on politics, religion etc. might steer his thread off topic into fratching territory, that OP is perfectly free to put a note in his OP to ask that people not take his thread where it doesn't belong amd get it closed.

However OPs should keep in mind that their posts should stick to the facts and the suckiness of the customer. OPs should refrain from making statements airing their own opinions on politics, religion etc.

And if you see this stuff? Use the report button and tell us about it. Please don't respond to it in any way, even to tell the poster it is against the rules.

And, as always, it can't hurt to review the rules every now and then, especially if it has been while since you last read them. They can be found here:

http://www.customerssuck.com/board/showthread.php?t=190

The stupid is strong with this one.

Old 07-18-2011, 08:20 PM
Is not a mind reader

Bumping this one yet again...and only three days later.

Please stop it.