Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CustomersSuck.com Sponsorship deal (image somewhat heavy)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The decal is only on the car's roof, so they only way a spectator might see it is if Chum wrecked like Brad Keselowski did in today's NASCAR race.

Still, very neat. I'm now involved in auto racing!--somewhat.

Quoth Rapscallion
    Need to get a jacket with "(s)PIT CREW" on it for a laugh, methinks.
    What you need is the shirt that says "Pit crew guys do it in 10 seconds."
    Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Quoth wolfie View Post
      Your car looks a bit on the small side to tow a car on a trailer - the platform trailers I've seen around here all need at least a class 3 (maximum gross trailer weight somewhere between 3501 and 5000 lb) and usually a class 4 (between 5001 and 10000 lb) hitch, which pretty much dictates a pickup or full-size SUV as the tow vehicle.
      I was worried about that a touch, but it managed just fine. 1.6 engine and not designed for speed or economy (trust me on this). Also, the car we were towing is gutted and reasonably light by normal standards for the UK, and we generally have lighter cars than the US.

Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post
      What you need is the shirt that says "Pit crew guys do it in 10 seconds."
      Probably stolen.

Rapscallion

Comment

For those interested, it was the car's first official racing day at Mallory Park this weekend. Last weekend was the track day. I'll be putting some pictures up on FB shortly, and there may be Youtube footage in the near future. If there is, I'll link it.

He's just blown his second engine, mind. He's got a nasty habit of that. Did some pretty good maneouvres, though.

Rapscallion

Comment

What a wonderful day for y'all!
          Dull women have immaculate homes.

Comment

Quoth wolfie View Post
            Bit of translation for people in North America - he was looking for someone whose car had a trailer hitch. Around here, "tow bar" is something mounted on the front of a car (removable) so you can tow it behind a recreational vehicle.
            thanks for the translation.
            "Did you at least ascertain the nature of his curse so that I may know the monstrosity that I face? ... A GIRL? He was... Turned into a girl? WHY WOULD ANYONE DO THAT?" -EGS http://egscomics.com

Comment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sp1AeGr9uiQ - professional footage from the day out. That reporter looked pretty good from behind *cough*

Can see me in the background in the pits at about 1.19, but a bloody good shot of car 43 (our boy) at 7.21 or so.

Rapscallion

Comment

Track day at Snetterton yesterday. Cab was running in his new engine, so he took it nice and steady under the advisement of the guy who runs the organisation that built it. Damnably hot day and we had a fairly good time of drinking cola and applying sun cream. When instructed to 'give it some beans', he did. The cam belt disintegrated after two laps.

On the plus side, the valves don't intrude on the pistons, so it's a simple cam belt replacement job. Not like the guy two garages down whose belt went - apparently he was picking bits of metal out of his exhaust. Four-figure repair job.

Not even on his second race, but he's already on his third engine and broke that partly as well. As the Pit Monkey, I had the fun of driving him back behind someone else who knew the way to the repair area, and that guy's trailer power cable had been snapped by someone careless, so he had no active brakes. Oh, but that was interesting. Every time I left a decent distance for slowing down (needed a bit more notice as his brake lights didn't work), some pillock dove in there.

There may be some footage later.

Race day next week.

Rapscallion

Comment

Full race day. Damn, but I'm tired. We're talking very tired. I didn't do that much, actually, but eating and taking some video footage is wearing.

Of note, many of the cars on the track suffered some damage, but the CS.com car is driven by someone who paid for his own and had seen the results of other peoples' folly and he got some good footage of other people hitting each other whilst staying out of it himself.

I managed to get some of the spills and slips on video, so I'm suggesting he compiles them to Yakkity Sax.

Rapscallion

Comment

... and how did I miss this thread? Congratz, Raps!
                    Quote Dalesys:
                    ... as in "Ifn thet dawg comes at me, Ima gonna shutz ma panz!"

Comment

As someone who used to race her truck in the 1/4mile drags, I find this to be

AWESOME!!!!!
                      Teach a SC to fish... and they will whine about you not catching, filleting, frying, and serving it up on a silver platter for them. - EvilEmpryss

Comment

I suppose it's time for a bit of an update on this. We in the second season and Cab, the chum who's doing some racing, has had mixed results. He's now in a far better car, though it doesn't have the CS logo, and he's made a few third places and on the podium fairly regularly. Having the time of his life. Next weekend it's Brands Hatch (I'll be there) and he'll be on the same track as Coulthard and Schumacher (at different times). We may even be ignored by them!

On a side note, there's a fair amount of backstory to this and this is where I'm asking a favour.

If you're interested in a little ... subterfuge, PM me and I'll give you some details. Nothing illegal, and it's in what I consider to be a good cause.

Rapscallion

Comment

>_> can those not on the Isles help?
                          "Is it the lie that keeps you sane? Is this the lie that keeps you sane?What is it?Can it be?Ought it to exist?"
                          "...and may it be that I cleave to the ugly truth, rather than the beautiful lie..."

Comment

Absolutely. Everyone can help. Feel free to PM for details.

Rapscallion

Comment

Love it.

I'll have to email the link to this thread to my brother . . . he's a walking NASCAR encyclopedia. I'm sure he'll get a bang out of it.
                              Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

For those interested, Cab's just started his third season. He was driver of the year last year, but after a somewhat active winter he's now man and machine in perfect harmony on the track.

Yesterday at Brands Hatch - qualified first for pole position, and he never lost the lead. First in his races - there was much rejoicing.

Rapscallion

Comment

Working...
                                X