This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How long do you want this to take?

I get a loading call; it's some guy who needs help loading two doors into his trailer. After fiddling around with the lock, he gets the trailer open and we load it into his trailer on it's side. Then he decides he doesn't want it on it's side, so we lay it down flat. Fine, we lay it down and just need to load the other door on top of that one, but he wants cardboard in between the doors to prevent scratching. We have this paper that's available for that purpose, but he insists on cardboard (not sure if I blame him here, that paper kind of sucks).

So I head back to receiving, get some cardboard from the baler, bring it back and cut it up so it can fit across the door. We prepare to load it, but he's having trouble (he's older). Since this is on a lumber cart that has these bars on top, I suggest propping it on the bars and sliding it in the trailer That's when he says I need to get someone else to help.

Now normally, I'd have another loader help me, but I was the only loader available on the lot at that time. I go into the store asking various cashiers and associates if they can help or ask for help, but they keep directing me to other departments where I can't find anyone. After 15 minutes of running around the store, I go back to check on this guy to see if he's still outside,

he's gone. I don't know if he was helped or if he just drove away in a huff and I don't care. I'm just glad he's not my problem any more and I can get back to pushing carts.

If he's that indecisive, how did he ever manage to choose a door?
    My son thinks I'm Lucifer Morningstar. I'm not sure he's wrong.

Comment

I'm wondering if somebody else sent him out with very VERY specific instructions on which doors to get ...
      Customer service: More efficient than a Dementor's kiss
      ~ Mr Hero

Comment

Working...
      X