This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lagrange - Location: Alexander's Base

The gravity-manipulator eyed the monsters contained by Thessala's ice-ring. Everything about them screamed in his mind 'kill the unclean!' but he already knew now that his powers were useless against them and that trying to destroy them with his guns or his suit's energy weaponry is likewise doomed to failure.

"While I don't doubt that our resident Witch can take out 'Xander's machinery," Lagrange commented, "Alex makes a good point that she should have back-up. Given how ol' Dead-head's managed to make himself stronger and control more zombies than usual, I wouldn't put it past him to try to just ... y'know, spam-spawn more zombies."

There's a pause, and then he says, "Basically, I'm saying I've got your back, Thess."
    PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

• "I vas trained to be professional," she answered Alex. "My body is veapon. Powers are bonus. And I have zhese," she added, showing the suit's weapon nodules in her palms before patting the sidarm on her hip with one hand. Then there was that other toy she hadn't resisted picking up back at HQ when she saw Ananda taking them out of a crate in the armory.

She turned to Lagrange. "Mr Daniel," she said, "I vould be appreciating your help. Mr Alex is being right, ve do not know vhat Mr Alexander has vaiting for us. But for you to be understanding, I am not planning on being made vone of his undead. If situation......... goes to zhe shit," she didn't finish but pulled a grenade out from an inner pocket of her cloak, held it in front of her, and then pulled her hands apart, signaling "boom."
      Last edited by Kara; 06-09-2011, 02:48 PM.
      "You are loved" - Plaidman.

Comment

• Lagrange nods to Thessala. "Good that you've got a back-up plan with the whole... boom thing," he says.

He stretches his neck and pops the cartilage in it, shaking out his arms. "All right, then. Let's go find the teleport inhibitor and slag it."

He was about to add that it looked like the tide of monsters appeared to have waned, but refrained from doing so. He didn't want to tempt fate.
        PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

• Alexanders HQ

"Something about how these things are affected by our powers and weapons bother me, but not sure what..any how..lets make a hole so these two can do their thing!" says Johnny. He sits down, tapping something on his computer for quite some time..but at the end of it the earth shakes a little..and rising from it comes a towering animated collection of earth (Earth Elemental). The huge creature charges through the barrier, throwing the creatures aside like like they are made of feathers. You notice it seems to have no problem affecting every one of the creatures, where as most things only affect half, and the creatures can barely make a dent in the creature. "It won't last long, so get moving!"

Section 3 HQ.

"My charge is beginning to wake, which means I will be fading. He will be able to answer any questions you might have about the girl."

The girl however, seems to take a turn for the worse..crying out in terrible pain .. she starts shifting on the bed..back and forth she rocks, her body wracked with convulsions...
          Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

• Kate moves over to the girl and cradles the girl's head in her hands while sending soothing thoughts. There's also an undertone of "need to wake up" in her thought.
            My NaNo page

My author blog

Comment

• Alexanders HQ
              For a brief moment the number of creatures double..and they start driving the elemental back..one particularly fearsome creature appears, glimmering red scales flickering in the night. Roughly 100' long, leathery wings constricted against its body by the building around it, huge serpentine neck, golden slitted eyes, four legs, a powerful looking tail.

Letting out a bellow it smashes into the elemental using its head as a battering ram. Smashing the elemental to pieces..and scattering all the other creatures who seem to pause..calm..and slowly vanish..

The new apparition seems to gain more solidity, however, and the half shadowy appearance vanishes entirely...

Section 3 Headquarters

At first there is too much fear, too much pain..but then you can tell you are getting through to her. Her milky white eyes fly open, and she lets out a small whimper, but she seems fine.

Meanwhile the spirit falters..and the other form awakens. Still weak, his first words are.."The girl..she should not be awoken yet, where is the girl?!"
              Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

• Seeing Lagrange and Thelassa talking, Ananda climbs down from her perch, shooting a few more zombies along the way. She had heard bits of what Alex and the other guy had said-- something about a generator. She wants in on smashing that...
                "Is it the lie that keeps you sane? Is this the lie that keeps you sane?What is it?Can it be?Ought it to exist?"
                "...and may it be that I cleave to the ugly truth, rather than the beautiful lie..."

Comment

• "The girl's right here, sir. And not shaking anymore, thank goodness." To the girl, much more gently, "You alright?"
                  My NaNo page

My author blog

Comment

• The girl nods, and the guy explains. "A long time ago she had a dream where if she even mentions something people tend to do it. Apparently it become real enough..and she doesn't trust herself to speak."

Comment

• Slight eyebrow raise. "Okay...well, does it work with thoughts? Because while I didn't see any injuries from your landing, I didn't do an incredibly thorough check either."
                      My NaNo page

My author blog

Comment

• He shrugs "We really don't have a telepath, so can't really tell you. Worth a shot."

Comment

• She's still facing the girl. "So would it be a problem for you to answer in your thoughts?"
                          My NaNo page

My author blog

Comment

• Sam, (who had taken bear form just in case) stood behind and to the side of Kate. She didn't the sound of this girl's powers.
                            https://purplefish-quilting.square.site/

Comment

• Alexanders HQ (Hereafter AHQ)
                              The group makes a break for the top of the headquarters. They barely make it clear before the huge reptilian creature breaths fire. The fire misses, though the group can feel the heat. As you near the top, one would expect the powers to fade, Alexander having taken the initiative to put the anti-mutation devices in place. As you arrive at the top..it comes into one single room. with lots of electrical devices. In the center of the room is Alexander, standing (in hitech's body) next to a stasis pod..only this one has no number on it (remember all the others had roman numerals on it, and even 'The Hunter' has a number).

"You are too late, the mixture is already mixing in the pod!"

No other zombies, not anti mutant devices functioning..

Sector 3 HQ (hereafter s3hq)
                              The girl smiles and nods her head enthusiastically.

Comment

• "Oh good. Now. Can somebody tell me what's going on? And why there's a big hole in our base?"
                                My NaNo page

My author blog

Comment

Working...
                                X