Great. Looking forward to it.
    My Fanfic Page
    My Fiction Page
    My Social Group
    My Pet Social Group
    My You Tube Channel

Comment

Awww, looks like I came too late to the party. *pout*
      Success is not final, failure is not fatal: It is the courage to continue that counts.-Winston Churchill

Comment

Aw, well, if you want to be interviewed ralerin, I can add you to my list. I'm still doing the finishing touches on a few things before I start arranging the interivews.

Comment

Xarlaxas, you realize that any statistical results of your study will be suspect?

A least squares best fit analysis of the subject population suggests that they average at least three sigmas west of strange.

* one sigma equals one Standard Deviate.
          I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
          Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
          Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Hehehe, that is certainly true! But luckily I'm going for qualitative research rather than quantative, otherwise that would be an issue.

I did really enjoy doing statistics though. . . .

Comment

Masochist. Just as well you're doing sociology, yeah?
              "Is it the lie that keeps you sane? Is this the lie that keeps you sane?What is it?Can it be?Ought it to exist?"
              "...and may it be that I cleave to the ugly truth, rather than the beautiful lie..."

Comment

Aye, I am (a sociology student, that is ), but we had to do a course on statistics too! Quantatitive research is a more "empirical" option that some sociologists use, but for that to work well you really need to have a good, random sample of about 1000 people, which is why I decided to go the qualitative route, because there's no way I could imagine myself getting a *good* statistical survey filled out by the requisite number of people.

Also, interviewing people is fun.

Comment

Quoth Mr Hero View Post
                  "My life is a chip in your pile. Time to ante up." (cookies for reference)
                  -Setzer, Final Fantasy 6 (or 3 USA SNES version)

Can I haz cookie nao?

Oh, someone beat me to it. Sorry.
                  Mods - if you wish to delete my post, feel free to do so.
                  Fixing problems... one broken customer at a time.

Comment

Hey everyone!

Just to let you know, I've finished the data-gathering portion of my project, so, if you've missed being interviewed for whatever reason, don't sweat about it, and if you have a survey, feel free to send it in if you want, but I probably won't be doing follow-up questions like I had originally planned.

I'd like to give a big thank you to everyone who has taken part in my project, and to Raps and the modding team for letting me do this!

If everything goes to plan I should have the final draft ready in early December, and will let you all know, so people who want to have a look at it and comment are free to do so.

Comment

Excellent! Looking forward to it!
                      (Why yes, I do read scholarly articles and papers for fun... why d'ja ask?)
                      I'd offer to help edit, but I'm bad enough at turning my own homework in.
                      "Is it the lie that keeps you sane? Is this the lie that keeps you sane?What is it?Can it be?Ought it to exist?"
                      "...and may it be that I cleave to the ugly truth, rather than the beautiful lie..."

Comment

I'm certainly looking forward to it. Glad to help!
                        "Enough expository banter. It's time we fight like men. And ladies. And ladies who dress like men. For Gilgamesh...IT'S MORPHING TIME!"
                        - Gilgamesh, Final Fantasy V

Comment

I did my interview it was easy and fun. I think I provided some good data
                          https://www.youtube.com/user/HedgeTV
                          Great YouTube channel check it out!

Comment

Just to let all y'all know that, after a serious case of life happening, writing has begun for my project, and, if things go to plan, I should have a finished paper long before the deadline, though not as early as I had originally hoped.

Currently writing my methodology section, then my findings, once those two sections are done I'll be sending them along to Raps as well as anyone else who asks for feedback, and I'll announce when the finished product is ready so people can get a copy of their very own should they wish.

Comment

Sounds good...I was hoping for an update Hope you're doing OK.
                              "I was only LOOKING, I didn't mean to enter my card's CVV and actually ORDER! REFUND ME RIGHT NOW!!"

Comment

I hope that things have calmed down for you and that everything is alright! I'd definitely be interested in reading the finished product. Keep us posted.
                                "Redheads have at least a 95% chance of being gorgeous. They're also concentrated evil." - Irv

"This is all strange, uncharted territory and your hamster only has three legs." - Gravekeeper

Comment

Working...
                                X