This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When I ask for feedback thats the time to give it

You know when the time to give it isn't? When I'm finished.

Every month I make an update of services agencies are providing. First I send out a rough draft, which is just the one from the last month and ask for changes, then a week later I send out the new one. Every month agencies tell me changes that they noticed need to be made, after I send the final version. Hey, how about telling me that when I send the first one?

In a related matter, a few months ago I updated a directory of phone numbers. The last time this was updated was four years ago so it was a major project to make sure the services still existed and what their numbers were. Several times I asked for input from agencies for errors and it was presented to the Continium of Care a few times before the final draft.

The other day somebody told my supervisor of a few errors that needed to be fixed. I guess they didn't notice them a few months ago when these were sent. One was an agency that no longer existed being listed (although I think they only stopped existing after I sent the thing) and there were a couple of numbers that needed to be changed to different ones within the same agency (for example an administrative line being listed instead of a customer line)

My favorite fix however was when the person noted that the numbers were cut off the edge of the paper. A problem I, and nobody else, apparently had when they printed off their own copies.

My supervisor told me to send the next one as a PDF because it would be harder for people to screw up the formatting and make it so that it doesn't print right.

Quoth elsporko View Post
    My supervisor told me to send the next one as a PDF because it would be harder for people to screw up the formatting and make it so that it doesn't print right.
    Well, unless Acrobat Reader decides to be pissy and do something bizarre for no discernible reason. >.<

^-.-^
    Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

ah yes, but then you can pass the blame onto Adobe...
      "You can only try so hard to look like you are working before actually doing your work seems easy in comparison" -My Boss

CW: So what exactly do you do in retentions?
      Me: ummm, I ....retent stuff?

Comment

PDF is generally recommended if you want people to be able to see formatting. It also has the added benefit of being difficult to accidentally make changes to it, so you know that what they're looking at is what you sent out. No missing lines because they highlighted & hit space without noticing.

Comment

Working...
        X