This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Escape unsuccessful :(

The non-retail job fell through. I was contacted several hours after I left and informed today had been my last day. I'm pretty sure I can return to the retail gig, but I DON'T WANT TO GO BACK TO RETAIL!!!

May not have a choice, though, what with that need for income.
    "Crazy may always be open for business, but on the full moon, it has buy one get one free specials." - WishfulSpirit

"Sometimes customers remind me of zombies, but I'm pretty sure that zombies are smarter." - MelindaJoy77

I'm very sorry.
    Customers should always be served . . . to the nearest great white.

Comment

I hate it when it feels like they can't even admit to your face that they're letting you go.
      "Enough expository banter. It's time we fight like men. And ladies. And ladies who dress like men. For Gilgamesh...IT'S MORPHING TIME!"
      - Gilgamesh, Final Fantasy V

Comment

Twice in my life I've been fired .... once when I was a teenager. The movie theater I worked for called MY PARENTS to fire me!! WTF??????? The second time was about 10 years ago, when I got called on the phone and told "it wasn't working out". Again, WTF? Give me a clue????

SMH for people that can't even face you when they let you go

Comment

Where I am it is unlawful to fire somebody over the phone - it must be done face to face. I can understand the idea of not feeling safe to deliver the news in person but a manager can always have a second person there just in case things turn ugly.

That really sucks, Seanette, that they didn't have the balls to tell you in person. Hopefully something else comes along really quickly!

Comment

So sorry to hear. Good luck on any subsequent ventures.
            Life's too short to drink cheap beer

Comment

I was in a trial period via a job training program I'm in, so info got relayed from now-former boss to program contact to me.

Nice of them to give me some actual TIME to settle in and get up to speed, wasn't it? After all, shouldn't even take two weeks to get as good at the job as the predecessor who was there for two YEARS, right? Throw in lots of snarling and sniping between the couple who ran the place, plus their being stressed over two positions turning over in a week (my predecessor moved, another employee went on medical leave) and the third guy who was apparently causing some issues and their kid drama.....
              "Crazy may always be open for business, but on the full moon, it has buy one get one free specials." - WishfulSpirit

"Sometimes customers remind me of zombies, but I'm pretty sure that zombies are smarter." - MelindaJoy77

Comment

Quoth Seanette View Post
                Nice of them to give me some actual TIME to settle in and get up to speed, wasn't it? After all, shouldn't even take two weeks to get as good at the job as the predecessor who was there for two YEARS, right? Throw in lots of snarling and sniping between the couple who ran the place, plus their being stressed over two positions turning over in a week (my predecessor moved, another employee went on medical leave) and the third guy who was apparently causing some issues and their kid drama.....
                Wow. Sounds like you're better off out of there, but I can certainly understand not wanting to go back to retail. Hope you find something better -- and saner! -- very soon.
                I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
                My LiveJournal
                A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Quoth KuariKaydrith View Post
                  Where I am it is unlawful to fire somebody over the phone - it must be done face to face. I can understand the idea of not feeling safe to deliver the news in person but a manager can always have a second person there just in case things turn ugly.
                  We have our security officers stand in with HR and the managers whenever someone was fired.

The ex is an armed guard, and one time he got a gig as undercover plainclothes security by a company that wanted him around while they fired someone (kinda ironic, the client was a company that helps people with their resumes). Nothing happened, but something about who they were firing apparently made them want an undercover armed guard around.
                  Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

Comment

Working...
                  X