This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The story of the singing digestives

This week's project is for a biscuit company. We go into the Very Helpful Dividend-Paying Supermarket and put a little gadget onto the shelf next to the digestives. When someone walks past and activates it,it starts singing 'Chocolate digestives' and playing a little ad.That's when ANYONE walks past it-including staff who are stocking the shelves.We give it a week before we find one smashed to bits in the aisle...
    The Copyright Monster has made me tell you that my avatar is courtesy of the wonderful Alice XZ.And you don't want to annoy the Copyright Monster.

Ugh. As a shopper, I hate those things. In fact, I hate them enough that I don't buy whatever they are annoying me to buy

Comment

Just another crappy idea from a marketing department that is trying to justify their jobs.
      Just sliding down the razor blade of life.

Comment

Quoth drunkenwildmage View Post
        Just another crappy idea from a marketing department that is trying to justify their jobs.
        Man. And I've just recently come to grips with the inundation of video ads at gas pumps, extolling the virtues of (brand) gasoline WHEN I'M ALREADY THERE PUMPING IT INTO MY CAR.

And everybody wonders why I have AdBlock on my computer. If I didn't, 2/3 of my bandwidth would be chewed up by banner ads and pop-ups.

I wouldn't mind so much if they weren't so damned obnoxious. Or repetitive.

Comment

There's a way to disable adblock for youtube, right? Because I do watch SOME ads when I'm looking at videos by some of my favorite youtubers.
          My Guide to Oblivion

"I resent the implication that I've gone mad, Sprocket."

Comment

Quoth Tama View Post
            There's a way to disable adblock for youtube, right? Because I do watch SOME ads when I'm looking at videos by some of my favorite youtubers.
            You can disable AdBlock for YouTube, but I don't think you can disable it for specific videos or users.

Click on the AdBlock icon at the top of your browser screen while on YouTube's site, and click on the option Disable On Youtube.com.

Comment

We've had those a few times and the employees get sick of them pretty quick. Someone usually finds a way to disable them. We used to have for an allergy medicine that sneezed as you walked past that was pretty funny. And we had one for some Febreeze stuff that snored as you walked past it again not as bad. Right now we have one with videos for cosmetics but at least you have to push a button to make it go. The videos are really too short to be helpful. But I am old enough to be impressed with the technology that makes it work.
              I would have a nice day, but I have other things to do.

Comment

I just wanted to say, now I know what digestives are.

Oh, here's something if you want a laugh. You know on Lord of the Rings when Merri has that line "What about elevenses?" I thought that was made up specifically for LotR. Until recently. And when I looked it up, wiki says that it used to be a thing in the US, but instead of tea and biscuits, it meant drinking whiskey.
                Replace anger management with stupidity management.

Comment

And we had one for some Febreeze stuff that snored as you walked past it
                  I would find this one, rip it off the shelf, and stomp it to death in the aisle while screaming bloody murder.

Anyone who's ever lost sleep due to someone snoring will understand.
                  When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Working...
                  X