This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm too tired

So I work for a staffing center now. They've assigned me to this little factory that makes books. So far it's been a pretty easy job. Super easy. Only 8 hour days, 5 days a week, very slow paced because its about doing it right, not cranking out tons of crap. I've been fitting right in because I have a pretty good work ethic and am usually (USUALLY) easy to deal with.

Today I was mildly tired. Didn't have enough coffee this morning and my citalopram is making me a tad drowsy. It's not like I took a bunch of benadryl, I'm just tired in the mornings. The boss at the book factory decided he needed to call my boss and complain that I "seemed tired". Then my boss called me to tell me about it.

Ok, it wasn't really a COMPLAINT. It was more of an "observation". But the fact that he felt he needed to make a report of my "tired" seems a little petty to me. I even asked my boss if I was not performing my duties, or seemed impaired in some way, or anything like that, and nope, work is fine, everythings fine. He just needed to tell me to get enough sleep. What the F?

I would have literally laughed out loud; my default state is "tired." From 6am when I wake up, through 8pm when I get off of work, through 9:30 when I go to the gym, until midnight, when I typically fall asleep. And, yet, I still managed to be the #1 seller in my entire company last month. "Tired" is a stupid thing for your bosses to remark on, if it's not impacting your performance.
    "She didn't observe the cardinal rule: Don't F**K with people who handle your food"
    -Ryan Reynolds in 'Waiting'

Comment

Everyone is tired. Why is that something to make a report of? Hell, I'm with ic with the laughing. I've gone to work extremely tired before, thanks to insomnia when I have to open the store, and still managed to be pretty damn productive. Methinks your boss is being overly picky!
      "And though she be but little, she is FIERCE!"--Shakespeare

Comment

Working...
      X