Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sometimes it's almost like... (super short)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sometimes it's almost like... (super short)

...the universe itself is out to get me.

Sitrep: It's 4PM, I haven't had any water since before 9AM, I'm bone dry parched. The lunch rush seems to have faded, so I ask the MOD if I can buy a kiddy cup and get some water. He says yes. Only one problem with that... I'm behind the counter for this process. I have to get my water from the drink machine on the public side of said counter. Before I even finish the purchase, a customer shows up... and they want ice cream, which we cashiers have to make ourselves. Then more customers show up. And more. And more. We end up getting slammed with some kind of early-dinner rush, and a ridiculous fraction of the customers (far more than usual) want shakes, sundaes, iced coffee, and other treats that I have to make myself. The other cashier, who could have done them, is off to who knows where, apparently with a good excuse, and everyone else is too busy too. When I do try to get the treats done, a whole cavalcade of fail ensues, leading to a manger doing it himself and sending me back to the register on at least one occasion. In the middle of this process, an off-duty manager there to order food effectively has to grant me <1minute mini-break so I can fill the cup that I'd purchased many minutes prior, but she's still concerned with "we don't drink on the floor" so I only get to down part of it before I take it elsewhere and return to the fail.

Afterwards, I'm told that if this happens again I'm to concentrate on the treats and let the other cashier ring up the long line of customers, which is exactly the opposite of what I'd hoped since I both hate and am not very good at things involving ice cream (well, that's no longer strictly true with shakes, but they're the easiest, and still...).
    Just stay out of the "workplace memes" thread. Please. I mean it.
Working...
X