This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Torrents

I'm having trouble with uTorrent. It's completely stuck - the files I'm trying to download are all listed as "Inactive". I checked the port, and evidently, it's no longer working. I tried a random port; no luck.

I looked for port forwarding info, but I'd have to know what sort of router I have, and the setup I have here is a cable connection to a wireless access point on my street. I wouldn't even know where to look on the list for this kind of equipment, assuming it's even on the list. The program was working at the beginning of last month, but now it's gone bye-bye.

Any suggestions?

Filesharing is usually not supported on this forum - but I use uTorrent myself to download legit programs.

Is that wireless access point YOURS? Are you using Clearwire? Please document the hardware names and speeds of your networking.

Cutenoob
    In my heart, in my soul, I'm a woman for rock & roll.
    She's as fast as slugs on barbituates.

Comment

Quoth Cutenoob View Post
      Filesharing is usually not supported on this forum
      Correct. Most cities with public access points have a tech help area to call where you can obtain information relating to configuration data, equipment specifications used, etc. to help set up and troubleshoot legal uses. Unfortunately, it wasn't specified whether this was a legal torrent or pirating. If pirating, I humbly suggest a different venue for your seeking help. If otherwise, returning with the information supplied by the city would be of great assistance in ascertaining the source of trouble, and divining a means to correct the issue.
      Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

It's not Clearwire, which as far as I know, isn't offered here. All I know is that when I moved in, the guy in charge of such things in the neighborhood got my computer all hooked up to everything. I used to have a router when I had a different connection in a different neighborhood, but when I moved, I had no more need of it, so I sold it.

The network connection says Intel 82566DM Gigabit Network Connection, if that helps.

Comment

It almost sounds like whomever is controlling the access point has blocked the ports uTorrent is using. Torrenting does eat up a lot of bandwidth, and they may well have done this to free it up for the rest of those connected.

Your best bet is to talk to the person in charge of this equipment. Unfortunately, if they are oppose to you using it, you may be out of luck. You should be able to configure uTorrent to limit it's bandwidth use, which will slow down your downloads, but it plays much better with other users on the network.

Eric the Grey
          In memory of Dena - Don't Drink and Drive

Comment

Working...
          X