This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "there's an issue in the ladies room"

So I just finished cleaning both of the restrooms & was headed back to the maintenance area when I got a call on the walkie that there was an "issue" in the ladies room that needed attention. So I walked in & guess what I found? Somebody didn't flush the damn toilet!! I mean, how hard is that to do?
    IF it doesn't automatically flush then there's a button just below the "Butt Warmers" that you can push to make it flush.
    "Butt Warmers" are paper toilet seat covers...lol.

I think all public toilets should have automatic flush. It's great at our office.
    Labor boards have info on local laws for free
    HR believes the first person in the door
    Learn how to go over whackamole bosses' heads safely
    Document everything
    CS proves Dunning-Kruger effect

Comment

I get the impression that these ones do. It just doesn't always kick in, and a lot of people don't know how to trip light sensors (or to look for the backup system).

I'm not fond of auto-flush toilets, because they will inevitably flush while I'm still on them, and I'd rather not get sprayed thankyouverymuch.

Comment

Quoth Magpie View Post
        I'm not fond of auto-flush toilets, because they will inevitably flush while I'm still on them, and I'd rather not get sprayed thankyouverymuch.
        it depends, the ones at the place I used to work at flushed when you unlocked the cubicle door, but you could also manually trigger them.
        "You can only try so hard to look like you are working before actually doing your work seems easy in comparison" -My Boss

CW: So what exactly do you do in retentions?
        Me: ummm, I ....retent stuff?

Comment

Quoth Magpie View Post
          If the toilet's doing that to you, just put a piece of toilet paper over the sensor. That'll keep it from auto-flushing. Just take the toilet paper off when you're done.
          To err is human, to blame someone else shows good management skills.

my blog --> http://www.hendrices.com/joesblog/
          my brother's blog --> http://www.hendrices.com/ryansblog/

Comment

Ours utterly failed one day. I entered the ladies room to smell something absolutely horrifying. It felt like acid was stripping my skin away. My eyeballs hurt.

We went camping a lot when I was a kid. We also had relatives who still had outhouses (). We had cows and horses and chickens and ducks and rabbits and dogs. I have cleaned out apartments where people have died. I have smelled a lot of things. Dead, nasty things. But I have never, ever smelled anything that bad. I was forced to go to another floor to use the restroom. And I cannot look at any of the women on my floor without wondering, and when I wonder, a little frisson of horror at the memory of that smell shivers up my spine, my nostrils try to shut and my eyes burn again.
            Labor boards have info on local laws for free
            HR believes the first person in the door
            Learn how to go over whackamole bosses' heads safely
            Document everything
            CS proves Dunning-Kruger effect

Comment

When you wear black, the toilet sensors won't work. Nor will the faucets.
              Dull women have immaculate homes.

Comment

Quoth Exaspera View Post
                When you wear black, the toilet sensors won't work. Nor will the faucets.
                It's MEAN.

Half the time I have to push the button after it flushes on me three times. Technology hates me.
                "Did you at least ascertain the nature of his curse so that I may know the monstrosity that I face? ... A GIRL? He was... Turned into a girl? WHY WOULD ANYONE DO THAT?" -EGS http://egscomics.com

Comment

I was in the men's room today to... drop the kids off.

#1, I ALWAYS use the customer bathroom for the pool visits. The employee men's bathroom is always downright DISGUSTING - mostly because maintenance is too damn lazy to change the wax ring at the base of the only toilet, so when you flush it, water and... stuff... floods out from the base of the toilet. That's always a pleasant surprise when your pants are sitting around your ankles on the floor. Employee bathroom has 1 stall, 1 urinal, and actually has more graffiti and vandalism than the public bathrooms. And seems to be cleaned far less often. Public one has 2 stalls, 2 urinals, 2 sinks, and actually has working soap dispensers on the walls.

#2, I'm very, uh, anal, about where I do my #2. The toilet has to be spotless before I plunk my fatass down on it.

So I sat down today at work... then noticed a "squish" sound when I moved my foot to the side. Squish sounds are never good in a bathroom.

My shoe had landed on top of a very used, very soaked ball of TP. I wound up dry heaving in the stall, and it was too late to move to the other stall (even if it wasn't too late, it was occupied anyway).

Comment

Working...
                  X