This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Outside gate was up; Visitor entered through that gate

The visitor who entered through the outside gate, which was up *for a reason* caused more problems for herself.

Visitor parking was reserved when she arrived. The full sign was on & the big white sign stating Visitor parking is closed for an event was in front of the 2 gates at the Visitor parking booth.

The caterer dropping off lunch for the reserved event arrived, but the van he was driving was too tall to clear the awning that is attached to the booth. So I raised the outside gate for him to enter. A car drove around the van since the outside gate was up, & drove up to the booth. Since I did not know if the driver was here the reserved event or was just a visitor, I could not raise the outside gate for the caterer. The driver finally backed up & turned around. So I raised the outside gate for the caterer to enter Visitor parking.

A couple of minutes later I heard a loud noise. The driver who went around the van backed into the exit gate you approach after exiting Visitor parking. There is a concrete barrier next to the Visitor parking booth that prevents people from driving around the booth. There is an exit gate next to the barrier.

Apparently the female driver tried to enter the faculty/staff garage, but could not since she does not work at the university & does not have an access card. There is a sign at that garage stating an access card is needed to enter the garage. There is also a camera located at the faculty/staff garage exit, which is next to the faculty/staff entrace. So the female driver backed up & hit the gate arm.

I opened the door to the Visitor parking booth, & I noticed that the gate arm she hit was at an angle. I called campus police. She asked me where else visitors park at & so I told her at the metered lot. She immediately left, drove across the street, & parked over there.

Several minutes later a campus cop arrived with the female driver behind him. I raised the gate for them to go through. He parked behind the Visitor parking booth, & she parked to the side. The campus cop got out of his car, walked up to the female driver, & asked her for her drivers license. Then I saw him on his cell phone talking to someone. The booth window was open, but I only heard bits & pieces of what he told her after finishing his call.

I went to the bathroom several mintutes later. The nearest bathroom to the Visitor parking booth is located near campus police. As I was walking back to the booth I saw her sitting outside campus police crying. Makes me wonder what he told her.

[QUOTE=snugglegirl05;720156]A car drove around the van since the outside gate was up, & drove up to the booth.

Correction: the driver who drove around the caterer drove up to the Visitor Parking entrance gate.

Comment

Working...
    X