This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Barely Noticable IV Noise=Headache?

My IV pump makes a whirring noise. Barely noticable, I can hardly hear it. So, I'm ringing up this woman who asks,"Ugh, what's that noise." I explain it's my IV. She goes, "Well, turn it off. It's giving me a headache!" She wants me to risk my life so that she doesn't get a headache? Yeah, not going to happen. She gets mad when I tell her this and has the balls to complain to my manager. He just laughed her right out of the store.
    "But I don't want to be among mad people."
    You can't help that. We're all mad here. Every fucking one of us.

It's a shame that your IV doesn't have a volume knob so you could've turned it up to annoy her some more. But seriously, risk your life because someone has a headache? Headaches suck yes but take an asprin or something!
    The Grand Galactic Inquisitor hears all and sees all.

Comment

Quoth Princess-Snake View Post
      She gets mad when I tell her this and has the balls to complain to my manager. He just laughed her right out of the store.
      Good for your manager!

Some people should not be allowed out of their house.
      Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

Comment

I guess next time the best answer to that question should be "I honestly don't know, Ma'am."

Comment

Good for your manager and for you! I experienced this this week too. I guess it's a sighting.

My mum's currently in hospital in a 3 bed ward. Next to mum is a fabulous lady, J, with the same cancer as mum, and opposite a sniffy lady. Now J and mum are in hospital a lot, and when they are in like to be around other people. It gives them someone to talk to and takes their mind off their own troubles.

J was having chemo, and the machine beeps while it does its magic. Lady opposite requested that the machine be turned off as it reminded her she was in hospital surrounded by sick people. She also requested she be moved to a single side room so she couldn't see these sick people. A room with a view if you pleased.

The nurses pandered to this woman! Except the single room thing - as none of them had a suitable view. They moved J and mum into single rooms each so they didn't "upset any other patients", leaving sniffy woman in the 3 bed ward on her own, as well as an upset J and an upset mum who now had no company which they both believe hampers their recovery.

When sniffy woman was being sent home, she refused (free) hospital transport as she would be around more sick people. So the hospital got her a taxi home. On the overstretched NHS. From South Wales to Wrexham, some 130 miles.

Comment

What was this woman there for? How they hell do you go to a hospital and ask them to turn off other people's equipment because it's annoying you?! I don't understand why they didn't just move the one woman into a single room. Obviously there was more than one available and it would have been a lot less work than moving 2 people...

Princess - I second the option of just saying "I don't know"...besides, how much of a headache could she be getting in the few minutes she was being rung up...?

(To play devil's advocate, it could be louder to other people than you realize, since you hear it constantly and probably automatically tune it out by now. But that still doesn't give people the right to expect you to turn it off...)
            I don't go in for ancient wisdom
            I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
            It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

I would have responded with:

"Can you please stop breathing? Your stupidity is detremental to my health."
              "The problem isn't usually that there are stupid people in the world as much as it is that the stupid people like to call or come in and point out how stupid they are to the working public" -Justa

Comment

Tell her you're allergic to bullshit! Then call clean-up behind her =D
                Last edited by unholypet; 06-17-2007, 09:00 PM. Reason: Misspell!

Comment

That woman complains about wanting a to get away from them, but the hospital moves your mom and J to their own rooms. That hospital is stupid. They should have just moved that one woman complaining to a single room
                  Under The Moon Paranormal Research
                  San Joaquin Valley Paranormal Research

Comment

So they move a CANCER patient over a patient who doesn't have cancer? I would have sued thier butts!

Comment

What a stupid bitch. I'm glad the manager laughed her out of the store.
                      For the most part, I don't care about what everyone else is doing, or what is popular.
                      -Namie Amuro (Japanese singer)

Comment

Quoth Princess-Snake View Post
                        She goes, "Well, turn it off. It's giving me a headache!"
                        Does anybody know what the breaking point was? I mean, I seem to remember "service with a smile" and going "above and beyond" but at what point did the general public believe that making such a demand is acceptable? When I was a child and I would shop with my parents I always remember them making me say "please" and "thank you" to the cashiers when they gave me my candy bar or GI Joe. It honestly blows my mind that the lady thought she was entitled to make you turn off a medical device because it annoyed her.

Comment

Quoth MoonChild2007 View Post
                          So they move a CANCER patient over a patient who doesn't have cancer? I would have sued thier butts!
                          Er... on what grounds?
                          The only thing I can even conceivably think of is "discrimination". However, they moved the two patients away from the woman and left her alone so she wouldn't have to be reminded she's in a hospital, which, although not exactly what the woman wanted, fit her request nonetheless. Plus, it's not at all inconceivable that the hospital didn't just move the two of them because they were well enough to be moved into different wards. Hell, when I was in the hospital after my stroke, for a few weeks, I couldn't be moved into the therapy area because I was having problems telling when I needed to void my bladder. They were worried I had an infection. Until they were certain I was well, they did not move me into the therapy ward.
                          "I call murder on that!"

Comment

Princess-Snake WTH is wrong with your cuss-tomers? First the IV-pulling jackass and now Ms. "Deactivating life support can be hazardous to your health". Is your store located near a nuclear power plant or something??
                            Happiness is the exercise of vital powers along lines of excellence in a life affording you scope.

Comment

Quoth AFpheonix View Post
                              I guess next time the best answer to that question should be "I honestly don't know, Ma'am."
                              Followed closely by:

"The thing that keeps me from dying in a bleeding, thrashing puddle" (gotta love the imagery)
                              and
                              "It's what allows me to deal with people like you on a regular basis without requiring extra freezer space and a new shovel."
                              Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

Working...
                              X