Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

That's funny, the waiting room has AC. (kinda-long)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I got a chance to do some price-checking elsewhere today and came to the same conclusion, myself. They're actually about $50 cheaper than Pep-Boys, and none of the other places in town I was able to check do full tune-ups. And yeah, the tune-up is the complete package.

The $125 is for the parts needed for the tune-up as well as the oil change and belts, including shop-supplies, etc. Basically, what I got was a binding estimate of the final costs, so there'll be no surprises when I go in.

I did find out that Auto-Zone does free engine diagnostics if your engine light's on, though so I saved myself $30 by stopping over there to get it done. Mine is because there's an error in one of the pre-catalytic O2 sensors, which is awkward to get to but easy to fix once you do.
    ...WHY DO YOU TEMPT WHAT LITTLE FAITH IN HUMANITY I HAVE!?! -- Kalga
    And I want a pony for Christmas but neither of us is getting what we want OK! What you are asking is impossible. -- Wicked Lexi

Comment

That is unreal.. Personal..if it was me I would just sit back in the bay for a few mins and let the engine lock up. Then she would be complaining about being warm. Push the S(upid) (U)seless (V)ehicle out of the bay, and start working on the next car.

btw: As far as driving the vehicle in the bay..For all the jiffy lube type shops around here, it's pretty much standrid procedure to have the car owner drive into the bay...I have never seen the employees do it.
      Just sliding down the razor blade of life.

Comment

Quoth drunkenwildmage View Post
        As far as driving the vehicle in the bay..For all the jiffy lube type shops around here, it's pretty much standrid procedure to have the car owner drive into the bay...I have never seen the employees do it.
        True, but the car owner never stays in the car while it is being worked on. Nor does the car owner turn on the engine while it is being worked on! That takes A Special Kind Of Stupid. The OP is lucky he didn't lose any fingers in the engine, and that idiot car owner is lucky her car still works. Stupid bloody moron.
        I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
        My LiveJournal
        A page we can all agree with!

Comment

May her engine seize on the way to another oil changing place. What an idiot. That's just... wow. No excuses for her.
          Jim: Fact: Bears eat beets. Bears. Beets. Battlestar Gallactica.
          Dwight: Bears don't eat bee... Hey! What are you doing?
          The Office

Comment

Every time ive gone into the quicky places, the customer drives in, can wait in the car, and then drives out.

Atleast for oil changes.
            http://www.vilecity.com/index.php?r=221271
            Cyberpunk mayhem!

Comment

WOW

i sure as hell would not have put oil into her car after that.

most likely i would have handed her a few bottles of oil and told her to put it in herself, preferably before driving.

or, being dazed a bit from almost having my fingers chopped off i may have mistaken the automatic trasnmission fluid for oil. not that i would do such a thing deliberately, revenge is wrong.
              DILLIGAF

Comment

Working...
              X