This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CS Chat Grand Reopening!

Welcome to the grand reopening of CS Chat! Over the past two months, we've been hard at work reinventing what CS Chat can be and do, and the results are finally ready to stand on their own.

Using a program called Openfire, we have implemented an instant messaging system, similar to MSN, Yahoo!, and Google Talk.

Since this is a full instant messaging system, you can do private messaging between you and a friend. You can set up your own private group chats, or you can join the main public group chat.

CS Chat is integrated with the forums. Your social groups get used, as do your friends and contacts. The moderators are always on everybody's list, so you can chat directly with any online moderator.

CS Chat is on its own server, and does not rely on the forum to work. If something happens on the forum, CS Chat will be up and running still, allowing the CS mods and admins to communicate with you while the problem is resolved.

You don't have to sign up: Your Customers Suck! login works just fine (some minor caveats if your name is outside of normal alphanumeric characters, see below).

You don't have to install anything: We have three different ways for you to access CS Chat right from your web browser.

Of course, if you have a desire to use a specific instant messaging program, we have documented support for Trillian, Pidgin, Adium, and others. We also have generic instructions you can use if you prefer something else.

Check out CS Chat at http://www.cschatter.com/ and ask any of the CS mods or admins any questions you may have. We'll answer them.

CS Chat: It's more than just a group chat room.

-------------------------

Usernames for CS Chat are restricted to numbers, underscores (_), periods (.), and the English alphabet. Any character in your CS screen name that does not fit that pattern must be replaced with an underscore.
    Last edited by Pedersen; 01-04-2011, 03:10 AM.

Woohoo! I'm in!!
    I don't go in for ancient wisdom
    I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
    It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Working...
    X