Microsoft Outlook bug prevents viewing or creating email worldwide

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Microsoft Outlook bug prevents viewing or creating email worldwide

Microsoft Outlook bug prevents viewing or creating email worldwide.

May 11, 2021

A Microsoft Outlook update released today for the desktop client introduced bugs that prevent users from creating or viewing mail.

Today, Microsoft released Outlook version 2104 build 13929.20372, and after installing the update, users of the click-to-run desktop client found that they could no longer properly view emails or create new ones.

When attempting to view an email, instead of seeing the entire message body, they only see a small portion or a single line of the email message.

To make it even more frustrating, when creating a new email message, every time you press enter, all the previously written content will be removed, as shown below.
    Yes, I found out when my email didn't work.
    "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Thanks for the post. I passed it on to my employer's helpdesk. Got a reply back. "That explains what is happening to that user."
    Life is too short to not eat popcorn.
    Save the Ales!
    Toys for Tots at Rooster's Cafe

Comment

We all know damn well that at least some people are not reporting this issue because they tried to send their IT crew an EMAIL about it, failed, and just gave up.
      "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
      "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
      "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
      "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
      "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
      "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
      Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
      "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Oh, wow. Mrs Deserted uses Outlook. When I turned her computer on this morning, it wanted to update all the Office apps, and I told it no. Thank Gord.
        Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, you speak with the Fraud department. -- CrazedClerkthe2nd
        OW! Rolled my eyes too hard, saw my brain. -- Seanette
        she seems to top me in crazy, and I'm enough crazy for my family. -- Cooper
        Yes, I am evil. What's your point? -- Jester

Comment

Microsoft updated Outlook last night and the problem went away.
          "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Working...
          X