This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey. I'm still here.

I didn't think I re-registered after the last hack attack, but evidently I did. I then proceeded to completely disappear.

I am still alive though. It's been ... uh ... well over a year, I suppose? I guess that's about right, based on this gracious reposting of one my war stories, anyway.

I suppose I should explain my absence. You see, owing to my having gotten a job that is about one level removed from the retail industry, I haven't really had any good stories to relate. I work for a distributor now, so the majority of our customers are shop owners ordering stuff for their shop and their customers. We do get end-users calling up though, mostly to find a dealer near them, but also because we provide technical support for a few large small engine manufacturers and such. There are those who think we are the companies whose parts and products we distribute though so we do inevitably get the occasional customer who calls up to complain about a product, apparently under the impression that we give a damn.

So anyway. I thought I'd saunter back in and hang around. I miss this place and the stories. I've worked enough retail that I can relate to most of them. Perhaps I should repost another war story or two while I'm at it.

So, um ... hi. Again.

Welcome back!

I went into wholesale myself, but I still get the odd readable tale from time to time. Not everyone who works in a shop is clever or lacking in the suck, and yes, we still get delightful encounters with end users. I occasionally get end users calling up and thinking that we give a damn if they want to buy one thing a year, and therefore we should stock it when we have to justify new lines by shifting a dozen or more a week.

Rapscallion

Comment

Working...
    X