Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I got a facebook account just so I could visit FB pages that required a login, which I haven't had to do since I got the account. I'm up to six friends, half of whom I know. I haven't taken the time to figure out just what one is supposed to do with a FB page.
    "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Quoth Ironclad Alibi View Post
      <snip> I haven't taken the time to figure out just what one is supposed to do with a FB page.
      Burn it, burn it in a fire? Sorry friends convinced me to join FB, but I am not actually a very social person. I make exceptions for outstanding people, but other then that...
      Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

I admit that a dog is one of my FB friends, but he belongs to human FB and real life friends. I have friends and family that are across the country, so Facebook is one way to stay connected.
        Last edited by ADoyle90815; 12-13-2010, 07:38 AM.

Comment

Quoth Mytical View Post
          Burn it, burn it in a fire? Sorry friends convinced me to join FB, but I am not actually a very social person. I make exceptions for outstanding people, but other then that...
          Considering the temperature outside, that is a very good suggestion. Now where did I put those matches?
          "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Quoth Ironclad Alibi View Post
            I got a facebook account just so I could visit FB pages that required a login, which I haven't had to do since I got the account. I'm up to six friends, half of whom I know. I haven't taken the time to figure out just what one is supposed to do with a FB page.
            I mostly use mine to market my company. A lot of new HOA or CONDO boards get in over their heads and look to google for help. If something pops up on Facebook, they check it out and contact me.

Thus, I must be very careful what I say on mine.

Comment

Quoth BeeMused View Post
              Hey fellow dinosaur! I'm not on facebook, myspace or whatever.
              I loved the good old usenet, did you have a Compu$erve Account, too?
              No, I never got onto CompuServe (that's the original CS, remember). Can't remember exactly why not at this point. Probably had something to do with their fee structure, come to think of it. If we'd had a dedicated phone line for the modem, I might have gotten more into it, but I couldn't tie up the phone for too long. I did spend some time dialing random BBSen around the country once I got my Smartmodem //e. (I remember one BBS in Chugiak, AK that I called into just because I'd never dialed 907 before, and the town name was interesting sounding. It was full duplex, but it took a second or two for the returned text to make the multiple satellite jumps between them and me, which made typing difficult. Long distance was expensive back then...)

I did have a Bitnet address, though. (v111g9bq@UBVMS) I remember that we needed to enter Internet addresses as in%"address@subdomain.domain.tld"; if you didn't put the in% and the quotes, the system would parse it as Bitnet by default and it wouldn't go through. After Bitnet, I was rather taken aback at the length of the internet addresses: mine had three subdomains before the .edu.

Comment

My mother-in-law being on Facebook is one of the reasons I don't have an account. (Not the main reason, mind you, but a reinforcing one).

No Facebook, no Twitter, no Myspace. I do have a LJ account just for the one friend that locks all her posts to "friends only." (She has her reasons, and I agree with them.)
                "If your day is filled with firefighting, you need to start taking the matches away from the toddlers…” - HM

Comment

Quoth AccountingDrone View Post
                  I have a friend in EVE online that has a picture of me on his FB that is listed as his mother I also happen to be the same age she is.
                  My son has his age as 100. And yet, at only 41 I'm on there as his father. I'm surprised the system didn't go over that one.

Quoth Raveni View Post
                  Thus, I must be very careful what I say on mine.
                  My wife's on there too, so I know the feeling.
                  Sometimes life is altered.
                  Break from the ropes your hands are tied.
                  Uneasy with confrontation.
                  Won't turn out right. Can't turn out right

Comment

This thread went in ways I didn't expect. Everybody has their Facebook woes!
                    The original Cookie in a multitude of cookies.

Comment

Quoth incognitocook View Post
                      This thread went in ways I didn't expect. Everybody has their Facebook woes!
                      No facebook, no facebook woes =)
                      EVE Online: 99% of the time you sit around waiting for something to happen, but that 1% of action is what hooks people like crack, you don't get interviewed by the BBC for a WoW raid.

Comment

Working...
                      X