X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whole article dedicated to idiot drivers in DC

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/35337647...shington_post/

---Not sure whether to put it here or on Roadkill. I guess you be the judge. But if you live in DC, watch out for the SUV with a 60-pound block on snow on his roof!

Frightening...I'm not looking forward to driving to work tomorrow...people around here can't drive in a flurry...can't wait to see what kind of idiocy I encounter after this mess...
    I don't go in for ancient wisdom
    I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
    It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Quoth ditchdj View Post
      But if you live in DC, watch out for the SUV with a 60-pound block on snow on his roof!
      Wait, what?

<goes to read the article>

Oh dear lord...
      I AM the evil bastard!
      A+ Certified IT Technician

Comment

Quoth lordlundar View Post
        Wait, what?

<goes to read the article>

Oh dear lord...
        It ain't just in DC...idiots...some people just do the bare minimum so they can get in the car and see out the window. Then everyone behind them on the road is blinded.

I did enjoy the liberal use of the word "idiot" in there

Comment

Link doesn't work. Oh! Nevermind.
          Last edited by AdminAssistant; 02-11-2010, 12:22 AM.
          "Even arms dealers need groceries." ~ Ziva David, NCIS

Tony: "Everyone's counting on you, just do what you do best."
          Abby: "Dance?" ~ NCIS

Comment

Quoth BookstoreEscapee View Post
            It ain't just in DC...idiots...some people just do the bare minimum so they can get in the car and see out the window. Then everyone behind them on the road is blinded.
            Are you talking about the people who just do their windows (not the hood etc..) or the people who just clear out a small peep-hole though the snow and ice in their windshield?

Actually, they leave the snow on there because when the car gets toasty warm the snow begins to melt. When they come to an interection that they don't want to wait fo someone they just slam on the brakes causing the other people (who have thr right of way) to hit theirs so they don't get pummeled and then the driver with the snow on their roof gives a smug smile as they casually drive though.
            Quote Dalesys:
            ... as in "Ifn thet dawg comes at me, Ima gonna shutz ma panz!"

Comment

60-pound block on snow on his roof
              this doesn't even shock me

it sounds like half of the drives in Buffalo NY.

Comment

Quoth draggar View Post
                Are you talking about the people who just do their windows (not the hood etc..) or the people who just clear out a small peep-hole though the snow and ice in their windshield?
                Mostly the first...don't think I've ever seen anyone dumb enough to do the second...but if you're stuck behind someone with a ton of snow on their roof/trunk, you get your own personal little blizzard as you drive down the road.

On my way to work, the highway was clear up by me and got worse the further south I got (which is only ~5 miles before I get off). Then the second road I take, which I'm on for about ~8 miles, was just a sheet of packed snow, with some spots of looser snow. For the most part, 20mph was a reasonable speed...but I got stuck behind some woman going 10. I actually had 2 people pass both of us before I got a chance to pass (either because of oncoming traffic or just the state of the road making me too nervous - one of those people was in a truck). Took me twice as long as usual to get to work (an hour).

On my way home, it wasn't much better (actually, it was probably worse cuz it was partly slushy). They clearly hadn't plowed all day. And with the sun on it all day, the snow was no longer packed down, and I was driving in the tracks from other cars with a ridge of snow in the middle of the lane.

Oh, and there was also a hummer behind me for a while with a nice block of snow sitting between the rails of the roof rack .

Comment

I'm just glad I'm in Florida right now...*ducks and runs* but either way we still have all the blue hairs with their land yachts and the incredibly stupid drivers that forget what to do when driving in the rain. No matter where you go there's bound to be idiots somewhere.
                  I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
                  Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
                  Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

Quoth BookstoreEscapee View Post
                    Mostly the first...don't think I've ever seen anyone dumb enough to do the second
                    We did see someone in Espanola driving like that once...he was very quickly pulled over.
                    ...but if you're stuck behind someone with a ton of snow on their roof/trunk, you get your own personal little blizzard as you drive down the road.
                    I've seen plenty of idjits in NM who will think nothing of doing that. One of the first things my dad does after a snowstorm is check the roof of his MDX and clear it off if necessary.
                    "I am quite confident that I do exist."
                    "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

this is why i'm actually glad to be driving in upstate ny... well driving in ny outside of buffalo that is...

most of the people here know how to drive in snow.

back when i lived in virginia beach, we'd get like one inch on the roads and traffic would back up for miles. seriously people just didn't know how to drive in it. and they seriously annoyed those of us who knew how to

=p heh

Comment

Working...
                      X