Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Kevin Smith kicked off Southwest Airlines for being too fat!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kevin Smith kicked off Southwest Airlines for being too fat!

http://consumerist.com/2010/02/direc...g-too-fat.html

And, boy, is he pissed.

Well, that's a new low for SWA. I like Kevin Smith, but dropping f-bombs on Twitter to SWA is not the way to get what you want. Think we can nominate him for an honorary Sucky Customer award for post suckiness after being apologized to?
    Random conversation:
    Me: Okay..so I think I get why Zoro wears a bandana
    DDD: Cuz it's cool

So, by using the Doctor's reasoning, bow ties, fezzes and bandanas are cool.

Comment

I would've had some sympathy for him if he didn't drop all those f-bombs on twitter even after SWA apologized to him.
      I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
      Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
      Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

*shakes head*

How could the guy who brought us Clerks and all those other great movies go so wrong?
        Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

I'm not surprised at the language - I've watched his movies and they're liberally peppered with cuss words. I think he has a right to be ticked off - SWA only apologised to HIM, not the other passengers they treated the same way.
          The report button - not just for decoration

Comment

If I was SWA, I wouldn't have apologized. The only reason they did is b/c he's Kevin Smith and people will actually listen to him.

Comment

Agreed. SWA and other airlines have that policy for a reason; there's at least one thread over on Fratching that covers the details but the general rationale is safety.

I don't understand why some people get so worked up over a policy that (to me) is fairly clearly stated?
              "I am quite confident that I do exist."
              "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

ironic really.
                no special treatment - complaint
                special treatment - complaint

sounds like the only answer he'll accept would be for them to never tell him "no"

never thought i'd peg him as an EW but...
                I'm starting to think like that.

And now for a good comparison: Neil Gaiman.
                The airline (a different one) lost his luggage. Yes he twittered about it, but he also asked people to NOT boycott them in his name.
                The number of his followers (half a mil back then) was only mentioned in person to an employee by the assistant, and it sounded more like it was a "gentle suggestion" rather than a threat.
                Luggage was found, and polite thanks were given. If anything they complained more about the system rather than the individual people.

then again what do you expect?
                NG is well known for his polite attitude, while KS is not...

and in a way, how people treat those in jobs of servitude are a good reflection on their personalities.
                Last edited by PepperElf; 02-14-2010, 10:34 PM.

Comment

The saga continues....

http://silentbobspeaks.com/?p=393

Comment

In all fairness, he did buy two seats, but his original flight was cancelled, and they put him on a standby flight with ONE seat. And then booted him off it. I would also be pissed, tbh. He's not denying he's fat, hence his habit of buying 2 seats.
                    The report button - not just for decoration

Comment

Quoth iradney View Post
                      In all fairness, he did buy two seats, but his original flight was cancelled, and they put him on a standby flight with ONE seat. And then booted him off it. I would also be pissed, tbh. He's not denying he's fat, hence his habit of buying 2 seats.
                      I agree. He bought the two seats. Id be upset.

Though i am a little unsure of how he made it onto a standby flight with only one seat. Maybe he shouldnt have accepted it and waited. Avoided this whole thing.

Comment

Working...
                      X